Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > John

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aldrich (new)

Aldrich (aldrichj) | 1 comments Greetings. I'm John from St. Louis, MO. All four of my grandparents immigrated from Ireland and I'm proud to say that I, along with my many brothers, now have dual citizenship with the United States and Ireland. We did this for our grandparents who are now all sadly gone, but were like heroes to us growing up. I've visited Ireland, their hometowns, several times and because of their wonderful stories, felt very at home. I can't wait to go back.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group,John. It's great to meet you.

I'm glad you felt at home in Ireland. I always like to hear about pleasant times people spend here.

Where did you visit while you were here? Where are you grandparents from?

Oh, and by the way, there's a group rule that if any of our overseas members visit Dublin, the coffee's on me.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments Aldrich wrote: "Greetings. I'm John from St. Louis, MO. All four of my grandparents immigrated from Ireland and I'm proud to say that I, along with my many brothers, now have dual citizenship with the United State..."
Welcome John. I envy your dual citizenship. You'll find this a very friendly group and we have an awesome moderator in Declan.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Blush!

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 19, 2013 05:42AM) (new)

Hello John. You have joined the friendliest group in goodreads. Welcome and have fun!

Barbara is right. Declan is the best of moderators!