Splintered Fan Club discussion

Team Morpheus > Morpheus cosplay!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments Bwahaha!! Since I was stuck with a friend a her grandparents house most of the day, we decided to brainstorm a Morpeus cosplay!!

*overly dramatic puppet arm flails* who's with me?! Mothlings unite!!

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments I'm Team Jebpheus, but I wanna see too.

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla Herondale (carlaherondale) | 43 comments Tara wrote: "Bwahaha!! Since I was stuck with a friend a her grandparents house most of the day, we decided to brainstorm a Morpeus cosplay!!

*overly dramatic puppet arm flails* who's with me?! Mothlings unite!!"

That sounds great! I'm with you! The hat has to be AWESOME.

message 4: by Carla (new)

Carla Herondale (carlaherondale) | 43 comments Katie wrote: "I'm Team Jebpheus, but I wanna see too."

Hahaha, exactly! Now we need someone to do a Jeb Cosplay *w*

message 5: by Carla (new)

Carla Herondale (carlaherondale) | 43 comments Katie wrote: "I'm Team Jebpheus, but I wanna see too."

Hahaha, exactly! Now we need someone to do a Jeb Cosplay *w*

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments My Morpheus cosplay idea now has a place of honor in my favourite Alice blue notebook, with a "Alice in Wonderland by Abbey Dawn" sticker. :3

message 7: by A.G. (last edited Sep 06, 2013 06:15AM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments @Tara, if you ever make it, you must show us! :) And I agree with Carly. Someone's gotta do a Jeb one, too. ;) Oh, and speaking of creative tributes, check out this cool makeup someone did in honor of Unhinged's cover: http://t.co/ntk7Z1I40z.

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments Oh, there WILL be a Morpheus cosplay next year!! May even wear it to the LoJ the year after, hehe..squee!! *overly excited puppet arm flails*

message 9: by Maia (new)

Maia (snowcrystalgirl) | 3 comments A.G. wrote: "@Tara, if you ever make it, you must show us! :) And I agree with Carly. Someone's gotta do a Jeb one, too. ;) Oh, and speaking of creative tributes, check out this cool makeup someone did in honor..."

That makeup is awesome!

message 10: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments Guess what!! I just bought THE coolest bag of sparkly blue butterflies for $3!

Walking home with my sister, we got the idea to use them on a hat!! I know Morpheus uses moths, but these are sooo pretty!!

I'll post pics in the morning, exhausted right now.

message 11: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Tara wrote: "Guess what!! I just bought THE coolest bag of sparkly blue butterflies for $3!

Walking home with my sister, we got the idea to use them on a hat!! I know Morpheus uses moths, but these are sooo pr..."

That sounds so awesome! Can't wait to see. :) Now, go get some sleep. Morpheus says he's waiting in your dreams. ;)

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments Woo!!! Had to make an emergency Halloween store run yesterday and found THE coolest stencil ever!

Oh, and a vaguely Queen Red glove at work! I forsee a possibly Queen Red/Alyssa cosplay in my future!

I know an Etsy designer who makes original costumes for really affordable!!

message 13: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Tara wrote: "Woo!!! Had to make an emergency Halloween store run yesterday and found THE coolest stencil ever!

Oh, and a vaguely Queen Red glove at work! I forsee a possibly Queen Red/Alyssa cosplay in my fut..."

So cool! *waits with bated breath for pictures*

message 14: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments I'm also thinking of making this cosplay XD
Some people make the weirdest faces when you ask for a wig for Hanukkah...

message 15: by Harley (new)

Harley (princeharlequin) | 89 comments I'm currently planning cosplays of Morpheus and a human version of Rabid White. There is a wig on a website called arda-wigs.com that is almost exactly like Morpheus's Unhinged cover version. It's called "Magnum" and I believe the colour is Raven, which is black with a blue tint to it

message 16: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Harley wrote: "I'm currently planning cosplays of Morpheus and a human version of Rabid White. There is a wig on a website called arda-wigs.com that is almost exactly like Morpheus's Unhinged cover version. It's ..."

Can't wait to see it! I can tell it'll look so cool *.*

message 17: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Harley wrote: "I'm currently planning cosplays of Morpheus and a human version of Rabid White. There is a wig on a website called arda-wigs.com that is almost exactly like Morpheus's Unhinged cover version. It's ..."

This sounds awesome! Don't forget to post pics for us. :) The human rabid will be freaky cool.

message 18: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments A.G. wrote: "Harley wrote: "I'm currently planning cosplays of Morpheus and a human version of Rabid White. There is a wig on a website called arda-wigs.com that is almost exactly like Morpheus's Unhinged cover..."

This is when I wish I wasn't in Washington... Nobody cosplays here, so it would be impossible to get a shoot with both of us...
(T.T)

message 19: by Vitemis-ryu88 (new)

Vitemis-ryu88 | 13 comments A Morpheus cosplay sounds awesome! I would love to see pics :)

message 20: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Stender-moore | 36 comments I really wanna do a morpheus cosplay....but I have no money :(

message 21: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Stender-moore | 36 comments Ooh that reminds me, I've been hunting for clothes similar to Alyssa's, does anyone know any websites or stores with Alyssa-esque clothing? Preferably not crazy expensive?

message 22: by Vitemis-ryu88 (new)

Vitemis-ryu88 | 13 comments Haha same XDD
Although a lot of my wardrobe is based on punk/gothic fashion anyway I have no idea how to make wings lol

Ebay is a good place to find clothing.

message 24: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments So much has happened this year, that I very nearly forgot!!

Wonder if I can whip a wicked awesome outfit before Halloween this year..

message 25: by Vitemis-ryu88 (new)

Vitemis-ryu88 | 13 comments @Tara
Do you know how to sew? Is usually sew my cosplays

message 26: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Stender-moore | 36 comments I can sew, so that will be helpful. I usually alter already clothes to make my cosplays

message 27: by Vitemis-ryu88 (new)

Vitemis-ryu88 | 13 comments That's a good idea!
Have you figured out how to make the wings yet? Haha

message 28: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Stender-moore | 36 comments I might build my own frame for them, out of like hangers or something. I have no idea how I'll tackle those, maybe I'll find something online

message 29: by Vitemis-ryu88 (new)

Vitemis-ryu88 | 13 comments then you could sew tulle over the frames and paint the details :)

message 30: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments I sew like a maniac. ^.~

I have this gorgeous silk and velvet corset, with a long, lace covered skirt and matching top hat. Could do Queen Red.

The blue butterflies, perfect for Morpheus.

And parts of my wardrobe are similar to Alyssa, including two Alice style dresses.

Just depends on finding a job, to part things together. Can't knock anyone's socks without money!

message 31: by Vitemis-ryu88 (new)

Vitemis-ryu88 | 13 comments @tara
That's awesome!! Im not very good at sewing but I'm getting there haha... I sew my cosplays for practice
Cosplay on a budget XD that's how I have to work

If you end up cosplaying anyone from Splintered I would LOVE to see pictures

message 32: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Tara wrote: "I sew like a maniac. ^.~

I have this gorgeous silk and velvet corset, with a long, lace covered skirt and matching top hat. Could do Queen Red.

The blue butterflies, perfect for Morpheus.

And pa..."

I vote for Queen Red cosplay!

More people will know who you are, and it's definitely original ;)

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments All these cosplay ideas sound cool. I look forward to seeing them.

message 34: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments I may just do Red..I found a wicked glove last year..Hmm..Time to plot!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

message 35: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Anyone who cosplays, please post pics! I like to pin them to the fan art/cosplay board on my pinterest, too. :)

message 36: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments Anyone know how to post pics via the GR app? I wanna show off everything I have so far, for a potential Red costume.

message 37: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Tara wrote: "Anyone know how to post pics via the GR app? I wanna show off everything I have so far, for a potential Red costume. "

Click the 'some html is ok' button above your comment, and copy/paste the 'image' coding.

Then simply replace the source with a picture URL, and set up the size.

Or, you can upload the lot of them to the Photos page.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I wear hats all the time. I have a collection. Morpheus would be proud. I also wear a black cloak and jacket to school, dark jeans, and a pocketwatch. Maybe Morph is my older brother or something.

message 39: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Elvina wrote: "I wear hats all the time. I have a collection. Morpheus would be proud. I also wear a black cloak and jacket to school, dark jeans, and a pocketwatch. Maybe Morph is my older brother or something."

That's really cool! I bet you look great.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks

message 41: by Vanessa (last edited Sep 22, 2014 12:36PM) (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments I`m drawing a steampunk clockwork right now. It`s still not in color, but it`s all the same PRETTEH!

And look what I found yesterday and screamed MORPHEUS and the whole planet looked at me like I`m an idiot.

message 42: by Natalia (last edited Sep 22, 2014 12:42PM) (new)

Natalia (natalia_g) | 809 comments Nessy wrote: "And look what I found yesterday and screamed MORPHEUS and the whole planet looked at me like I`..."

A lock and a key that hopefully fit ;) You know what I mean :P

message 43: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Natalia wrote: "Nessy wrote: "And look what I found yesterday and screamed MORPHEUS and the whole planet looked at me like I`..."

A lock and a key that hopefully fit ;) You know what I mean :P"

The point is that A BUTTERFLY-LOOKING CREATURE is holding them!

message 44: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natalia_g) | 809 comments I know. I just remembered that scene in the beginning of Unhinged and when it comes to Alyssa and Morpheus, I seem to have a one-track mind )))

message 45: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Natalia wrote: "I know. I just remembered that scene in the beginning of Unhinged and when it comes to Alyssa and Morpheus, I seem to have a one-track mind )))"

Yeah the scene. And also the fact that he melted them when they kissed. Soo now he`s the moth that got away! with her heart OF COURSE

message 46: by WitherMisteri (new)

WitherMisteri | 172 comments God damn it! Now we have to wait until 2015 for Ensnared >:(!

message 47: by WitherMisteri (new)

WitherMisteri | 172 comments Oh and btw, I have a question.

Why does it take SO long for a book to get published?
A.G said that she finished it and sent it off. Why is it taking so long?

message 48: by Natalia (last edited Sep 22, 2014 12:55PM) (new)

Natalia (natalia_g) | 809 comments Nessy wrote: "Yeah the scene. And also the fact that he melted them when they kissed. Soo now he`s the moth that got away! with her heart OF COURSE "

This moth/butterfly you found is carrying a heart locket and a key. So I thought that Morph might give Alyssa a new key with a new locket (his own), and they will actually FIT together. Like they should.

message 49: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Natalia wrote: "Nessy wrote: "Yeah the scene. And also the fact that he melted them when they kissed. Soo now he`s the moth that got away! with her heart OF COURSE "

This moth/butterfly you found is carrying a he..."

AWWWWWWWWWW! Plus the old ones didn`t fit because the key was for Wonderland and the lock was for...JEB!

message 50: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 599 comments Diane wrote: "Nessy, is that a pin? It looks cool!"

I don`t know if it`s a pin. It would be fabulous if it is!

« previous 1