What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. 1980's All-Picture Storybook Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (sagittarian1216) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm hoping that maybe someone could help me on this one...

I've been trying to remember the title of a book I looked through (I'd say "read", but it was a book with only pictures and no words) about an older gray-haired woman who was browsing around inside a market of some kind (e.g...strawberries come to mind) and I could never figure out what the story was trying to depict other than what i just mentioned b/c the pictures were sort of like paintings not so much animated.

I'm probably diving head first into a huge pile of hay searching for the tiniest needle ever but it's worth a try posting this.

I haven't seen it since I was a young girl overseas while in Aschaffenburg, Germany where my parents were stationed. They had it the book at the library back then but i never saw it again. I'm sorry in-advance for not having more details of the book to go on.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Could be something by Mitsumasa Anno, who did a lot of wordless picture books in the 70s and 80s and beyond. The illustrations are very detailed.

Also check out this Listopia "Wordless Picture Books:"

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/72...

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) Tessa, what year would this have been? Sometimes that helps narrow things down a little.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tessa L, are you still looking for this?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mitsumasa Anno (other topics)