Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Blood Diamond

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (last edited Feb 03, 2008 01:46PM) (new)

Kristin | 3 comments What an awesome movie! My husband rented this movie on a night I was in the mood for a comedy. He insisted I would like it because it won several awards and was recommended to him by several people. Begrudginly I sat down to watch the movie but was totally enthalled in it within 10 minutes! It has a ton of action and violence but the storyline totally tugs at your heartstrings. This is a movie worth watching.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I thought this was an excellent movie when I saw it, and didn't understand why it was not better received by a lot of critics.

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 3 comments I agree, although I had a hard time believing Leonardo DiCaprio's accent, the movie in general was very good.

message 4: by Fenixbird (last edited Feb 06, 2008 05:10AM) (new)

Fenixbird SandS | 14 comments My review..Directed by Edward Zwick. I mention that because the editing & flow of the movie I thought was phenomenal!

Dimon Hounsou gives a phenomenal performance right alongside an equally convincing Leonardo DiCapprio (whose accent was something he worked long and hard at to get exact==and was superb!). Action action...action! Based on the true illegal diamond trade--a personal story of greed and truth about African civil war

CAUTION: Extremely fantastic but extreme violence

message 5: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments Again Leonard DiCapprio shows what a great actor he is. Movie was very good all around.