Clean Fiction discussion

Past Discussions > favorite sports and teams

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 695 comments Mod
What sports and teams, (college and professional) do you follow or like at the moment? This is where we talk about this. Feel free to join the discussion.

message 2: by Natalie (last edited Sep 03, 2013 06:30AM) (new)

College football-wise, I like Florida State University and the University of Georgia most. I also like FSU women's basketball a lot because they play so hard. With professional football, I like and follow the Buccaneers, Colts, and New York Giants. NBA wise I somewhat follow the Golden State Warriors, but that's about it. As for the Women's National Basketball Basketball Association, (WNBA), I somewhat follow the Indiana Fever and am as fully invested in the Seattle Storm as an east-coaster can be without attending a game. I'm partially following the Chicago Sky because they have a talented rookie, Elena Delle Donne, on their team. She has led them to their first play-off spot in franchise history and is part of why they locked up the top seed in the Eastern Conference over the weekend.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beckstrand | 44 comments I love watching football, but I enjoy college football much more than pro ball. It just seems like maybe it's more for fun than a job. But maybe I'm wrong.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

@Jennifer: I understand. What teams do you like?

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beckstrand | 44 comments I usually root for the underdog, especially anybody playing for a conference that is not an automatic BCS qualifier. :)

message 6: by Natalie (new)

@Jennifer: Me too. I love the big upsets except when they are at the hands of one of teams I like. The first few weeks of a new season are always the most interesting because you get to see the changes the teams made, (i.e. new recruits and their impacts or new coaches), and how they affect the results.