What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
This topic is about Inkheart
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Book about (possibly) a book [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keely (new)

Keely Murray | 7 comments So a few years ago, in about 2008, this girl in my class asked me if I'd read this book, and, when I said no, she told me that I was exactly like the girl in it. At the time I thought this was odd, but didn't think much of it. But I just started thinking and was wondering whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. But I can't remember what the book was called.

So. What I remember about the book:
I'm pretty sure it was mostly if not totally about a girl and her dad. Or a dad and his daughter. I don't know who was the main(er) character.
I know that it has been made into a movie.
It was written in or before 2008, since that is when the girl was talking about it.
The title was weird. I keep thinking Eragon, but I know it wasn't that. But the title I'm pretty sure was something like that. Or the girl's name was...
I'm pretty positive that there was something about a book in the book that was a pretty prominent part of the story.
Sorry. I know this isn't much information, but it was a few years ago.
Thanks!

message 2: by Rossana (new)

Rossana Sasso (rossana22) | 9 comments Ok...I'm going to try this:
Inkheart, Cornelia Funke
Is about a girl and her dad, yes. Is about a book, yes. Was made into a movie, yes. There are some weirdy names in it, but not the girl's.

My second suggestion would be Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, but I think that falls a bit off the mark. It is about a girl and a mentor and a lot of talk about books. Don't think it was made into a movie.
Do you remember if it was fantasy or not?

message 3: by Keely (new)

Keely Murray | 7 comments Yes yes yes! It was Inkheart! Thank you!

message 4: by Rossana (new)

Rossana Sasso (rossana22) | 9 comments :D So glad to have helped!

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments I went ahead and shelved the book, Keely. Be sure to move this thread to the "Solved" folder.

SparksofEmber | 946 comments For what it's worth, Keely, your classmate comparing you to the main character of the book was probably a good thing. ;) The book is good and so it the movie (very different but good) so you should definitely check them both out!

message 7: by Keely (new)

Keely Murray | 7 comments thanks! i definitely will check them out!