Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) Angelfall discussion

World After

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa The next book is available for preorder on Amazon (and pretty affordable, too!). Just thought you all would like to know. :)

http://www.amazon.com/World-After-Pen...

kirstin ✿ Have you read the excerpt? ;)

Bipasha the excerpt is amazing...and confusing. how the hell did all that happen? i mean the book ended with ryn in a truck...and the second book starts wid hr up there????
ANYWYZ I'M DESPERATELY HOPING FOR A LOVE TRIO...OBI-RYN-RAFFE...

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) Obi? Isn't he kind of old for Penryn? And Raffe's so hot *fans self*

I want to pre-order WA so bad, but I'm broke! D:

message 5: by kirstin ✿ (last edited Sep 03, 2013 10:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kirstin ✿ The book doesn't start in that part ;) I've seen a picture of the manuscript, and it starts with
Everyone thinks I'm dead.

Then the rest of the photo is blurred! I did everything -zoom it, sharpen it- but I couldn't read the next paragraph! I'm verrrryyyyyyyy excited. OMGASDFGHJKL. RAFFE IS SMAWKIN' HAWT.

I like Obi, but I think I've had enough of love-triangles in YA. XD

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict The cover looks EPIC!!!!!! As soon as I saw it I was FREAKING OUT! Oh I was freaking out during the excerpt too.

kirstin ✿ HERE'S THE PHOTO I WAS TALKING 'BOUT!
http://www.susanee.com/.a/6a013487de8961970c01901ef97506970b-500wi

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict ◄KɪʀsᴛɪN► wrote: "HERE'S THE PHOTO I WAS TALKING 'BOUT!
"

OMG! I NEED THE NEXT COUPLE OF PARAGRAPHS!!!!!! *cries* - lol leaving now. . .

message 9: by Nurlely (new) - added it

Nurlely ◄KɪʀsᴛɪN► wrote: "Have you read the excerpt? ;)"

Where can I get the excerpt?

I have to pre-order the book! Couldn't get book 1 here and had to kindly ask my American friend to buy one for me. He has generously given me one ^__^

Love Susan Ee! Angelfall is the best YA novel!

message 10: by Nurlely (new) - added it

Nurlely Melissa wrote: "The next book is available for preorder on Amazon (and pretty affordable, too!). Just thought you all would like to know. :)

http://www.amazon.com/World-After-Pen......"

Thanks for your info

Sophie Wow! The excerpt is awesome! If you want to read it, follow this link and scroll down a little :)

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/08/26/s...

message 12: by Nurlely (new) - added it

Nurlely Thanks Sophie!!!
Wow.... it seems like ages that I last saw you.
Maybe on The Bane Chronicles discussion... :)

kirstin ✿ Nurlely wrote: "Where can I get the excerpt?"

Have you read it? Isn't it intense? OMGASDFGHJKL. EXCUSE MY FANGIRLING SELF. I JUST CAN'T HELP IT!

And yes, Angelfall is certainly one of the best YA novels ever. I'm a bit nervous for the sequel, though. The first book receives a lot of positive ratings from critics and readers alike. Sequels always have issues of not living up to the hype of their predecessors. I don't want Angelfall to be one of those :3

message 14: by Nurlely (new) - added it

Nurlely ◄KɪʀsᴛɪN► wrote: "Have you read it? Isn't it intense? OMGASDFGHJKL. EXCUSE MY FANGIRLING SELF. I JUST CAN'T HELP IT! "

I just read it and I am absolutely impatient now. Seriously!!! Can't I get hold of the book sooner? Like tomorrow?

I knew the teaser is only 3 pages before reading it, but I was so not ready to end that. I was like... WHAT??? IT'S ONLY 1 PAGE!!! That is how intense reading it....

I am still waiting for our local online store to add it to their listing. If they provide none, I will buy it from Amazon. There is no way I will not have a copy!!!

Nikita I cannot wait! So excited about World After, in fact I might re-read Angelfall before I read the sequel. I so want to see Raffe's reaction when he sees that Penryn is alive.

Gayatri Im dying for this book to come out. As soon as it does Im gonna clear a day just to read this.Raffe has got to be possibly the best hero Ive ever read about (besides Patch of course)!

I just hope theres no love triangle between Obi, Penryn and Raffe. It'll really be annoying since its obvious Penryn belongs with Raffe...although it would be funny to see a jealous Raffe *giggle*

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict @Geetu

Ha lol, I hope there isn't a love triangle either. It's done so much already. But I agree it would be hilarious to see Raffe jealous. I can so imagine it. he he. But Raffe and Penryn belong together. I just love them.

kirstin ✿ Penryn and Raffe are OTP. Seriously. Besides, I can't see Penryn falling for Obi. She has too much in her already: her mom, Paige, the evil angels, and Raffe (of course ^^). In my opinion, she's not someone who falls easily in love with guys who show kindness and whatnot. She has her priorities and knows what should come first.

And do you remember Obi's reaction when they all thought she's dead? He was willing to leave her behind! I liked Obi, but that part made me wanna reconsider my feelings for him. Though I knew he was just being... practical, for lack of a better word. XD

Buuuuuut! I wanna see Raffe being jealous as well :3 So maybe Obi develops feelings for Penryn after a while, and they become closer, but Penryn has no feelings for him at all. You know, not really a love-triangle because she's not torn between two guys... but that Raffe is just being paranoid. HAHA. I dunno.

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict @Kristin

Yeah I didn't really see Obi and Penryn as an item when I was reading Angelfall at all. I was kind of imagining him as alot older than Penryn. But then people started talking about a love triangle with Obi, Penryn and Raffe and I was thinking 'really? Are you serious?'

Lol anyway, I love that idea. I'm sick of the full out love triangles. I love it when author's change it up a bit. In addition to your idea, there could be a moment where Obi and Penryn are together and Raffe gets the wrong idea when nothing happened because Penryn doesn't feel that way about Obi. Aww, poor Raffe. But it would be funny though. lol. hehe

kirstin ✿ It is! XD I always like it when bad guys (or at least guys who pretend that they're bad) show their jealous side of theirs ^^ I'm starting to imagine how would Raffe react to that situation. Haha.

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict I have a feeling he would just glower at Penryn and then confront her saying a very cryptic comment before walking about leaving Penryn utterly confused. idk. I can just imagine his jealous side.

Yes! I love bad guys showing their jealous side. It shows another side of them.

message 22: by Nurlely (new) - added it

Nurlely I hope there will be the least love story in this book, as it was in Angelfall. Love triangle is a big No. I don't want this awesome series to end up like other series that I read.

I hope Susan Ee will continue this story as before, focusing on how Penryn struggling in this world. She can add bits of love for Penryn just like Katniss in THG or even better, like Tris in Divergent (no love triangle)

Dan Christopher Everyone thinks I'm dead.

This book. BAT WINGS. BAT WINGS. RAFFE. OH PENRYN.
PAIGE. EATING. FLESH. LITTLE SISTER.

I need the book now! I don't know what to do. Ohmygosh. Ohmy. *Breathes fire* *Cries away*

fwerfgergjnieorgrfasdekhfreitheugvnermg. PLEASE DO HELP ME WITH ANGELFALL THEN HERE COMES WORLD AFTER.

I am doomed.

Jacquelyn I'm probably going to reread the first book before the release! I'm so excited!

Melissa Someone preordered the book for me from my Amazon wish list and I have no idea who. They won't come clean. I really, really want to read it the day it comes out. :(

Amber I ordered mine! Im so glad read Angelfall just as the 2nd biok came out. Very excited to get into it!

Lovetoread47 I borrowed the sequel, World After, from the library. Great Read. No spoilers here.

Yvette I've finish reading World After and of course it was amazing. I want to know if someone can recommend a series as good as this one while I wait for the next book on the series.

Jennifer I seriously need the 3rd book out!
I finished World After 2 days ago... and I think I'm going insane just from finding out about this is going to be a series!!!
5 Books!!! OMG :)

Nikita Jennifer wrote: "I seriously need the 3rd book out!
I finished World After 2 days ago... and I think I'm going insane just from finding out about this is going to be a series!!!
5 Books!!! OMG :)"

I know. Me too, but I'm sadden to say that book 3 won't be released until May 2015.

Jennifer Nikita wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I seriously need the 3rd book out!
5 Books!!! OMG :)"
..."

agjnhkjhsadf!!!
U CEREAL O.O!!

Wendy ▪▮CᴜʀsᴇᴛᴇᴇN▮▪ wrote: "HERE'S THE PHOTO I WAS TALKING 'BOUT!
"

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER D:

Jessica Wendy wrote: "▪▮CᴜʀsᴇᴛᴇᴇN▮▪ wrote: "HERE'S THE PHOTO I WAS TALKING 'BOUT!
"

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER D:"

...It's already out...

Wendy @jessica

Iiiiiiiii Meant the third book haha.