Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's August Reads

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Sorry, all cozies this month! Trying to catch-up on at least a few series.

Quilt or Innocence: A Southern Quilting Mystery by Elizabeth Craig "4"
That Old Flame of Mine by J.J. Cook "4"
Knot What It Seams: A Southern Quilting Mystery by Elizabeth Craig "4"
Blueberry Blues: A Gray Whale Inn Short Story by Karen MacInerney "4"
Remnants of Murder by Elizabeth Lynn Casey "4"
Not the Killing Type by Lorna Barrett "3.5"
Beeline to Trouble by Hannah Reed "4"
If Mashed Potatoes Could Dance by Paige Shelton "4"
If Bread Could Rise to the Occasion by Paige Shelton "4"
Bell, Cook, and Candle by Joanne Pence "3.5" (I'm giving up on this series)
Beaglemania by Linda O. Johnston "3.5"
Thread on Arrival by Amanda Lee "4"

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments No need to apologize for cozies, Susie! I love all of the 'punny' titles! Mom and I enjoyed the first one in the Lorna Barrett Booktown series; so the series is up to seven now I see.

message 3: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments As long as you enjoyed them...

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments I loved THAT OLD FLAME OF MINE. Have IF BREAD COULD RISE.. coming up soon.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments For some reason I always feel guilty posting these, because I know for sure that at least Dan and Barry probably never read these books :) I used to love the "darker" kind of mysteries, but I've gotten away from them for some reason. Thanks guys for at least looking at my lists :)

message 6: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Reading is about enjoyment. It bugs me when someone complains about people that don't read anything "important". Who died and made them King lol. Everyone should read,or for that matter watch whatever you like.

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3689 comments Susie in KS wrote: "For some reason I always feel guilty posting these, because I know for sure that at least Dan and Barry probably never read these books :) I used to love the "darker" kind of mysteries, but I've g..."

i absolutely love the titles of the books you and melodie read, susie!

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments You know I mostly read the same stuff as you, too! I pick up a little heavier mystery every now & then, but I mostly do the cozies anymore, too! That and my vampire books! LOL I agree with, Merrilee, you read what you like because it's entertainment.

message 9: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments Hey, I don't expect anyone to criticize me for not liking something, so I will be the last one to criticize someone for what they like or don't like. Reading may be one of the most individual of interests because we do it alone, at our own pace, and in formats of our choosing. So everyone to their own...except for Carol, of course.

message 10: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3052 comments I'll vote with the guy block on this.

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments Merrilee: I work with someone who thinks anyone who reads fiction is less of a reader than they are reading all non-fiction. It bugs me too.
Merrilee in AZ wrote: "Reading is about enjoyment. It bugs me when someone complains about people that don't read anything "important". "

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8057 comments Susie, I'll put up with your cozies if you put up with my endless In Death series, LOL!

{ignoring the bully boys...}

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3689 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Susie, I'll put up with your cozies if you put up with my endless In Death series, LOL!

{ignoring the bully boys...}"

and my summer fluff

message 14: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments You guys really are the best...and I love that we all read such different stuff, because you never know when you'll discover something new :)

message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments Exactly Susie! We get great ideas and cross genre pollination in this group! I'll always know which cozy series to try when I have time to fit one in!

message 16: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments I agree with all the comments. I find myself switching from different types of books all the time.
I love how all of us have our favorite different authors and style. So many lists over the years have opened my eyes to new authors.