Kenyons Minions discussion

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter #1)
This topic is about Night Pleasures
Night Pleasures BOTM

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Lets get the ball rolling. :) Who here has read it and who is about to start it?

message 2: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Read it and loved it!!!

Sakshi Gupta (SakshiGupta) | 12 comments hey,I have read it and reread it!!
Loved it!!...Kyrian and Amanda are amongest my fav couples!!

message 4: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I just always wondered where Amanda and Tabitha got their powers from though. It was never quite explained.

message 5: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) Night Pleasures is one of my favorite DH books! I just reread it last month.
I thought Amanda and all her sisters got their gifts from their mother.

message 6: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments But that is the thing though. The other sisters were never really mentioned to have psychic ability. Just the twins. The others believed in the voodoo and cross bows and what not. But never much mention of the parents having any special abilities.

Yuki | 28 comments I've read it, re-read it and gone back to make refernces to it. As for Amanda and Tabitha I think it's just one of those fluke things that happens when your whole family is involved in magic.

message 8: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments I agree yuki. Her whole family is magic.

message 9: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Guess I'll just have to go with that one. Cause I could have swore they never even said anything magical about the other ones. As everybody else has a regular job and what not. But who knows could be the Cajun blood or something.

message 10: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally | 325 comments I think they have a voodoo priestess in the family and Amanda mentions her sisters summoning deamons in the first chapters of the book so I agree I think the whole family is magic and there are probably magic roots that go way back. Can't be sure though. Think I remember SK saying it was something she had not confirmed fully.

Loving re-reading it with you all :)

message 11: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Heck her sister is Selena! The tarot reading gypsy who is best friends with grace from fantasy lover!

I'm glad y'all are re reading them with me. I just love it!

angieclique | 558 comments Read it, reread it and the circle goes on! I think I've read Kyrian's book the most of all DH :) I suppose I'm sounding like a sick teenager who cannot have that particular guy she has a crush on... But I so love Kyrian.. I wished there were a whole series with just him... And Amanda... And all the others....

.........but Kyrian as a main character in every book... I do sound like a lovesick teenager don't I? Lol :)

message 13: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ally wrote: "I think they have a voodoo priestess in the family and Amanda mentions her sisters summoning deamons in the first chapters of the book so I agree I think the whole family is magic and there are pro..."

Could just be my own biases but I've never considered voodoo types to be truly magical peeps. Sure some of the beliefs can seem kind of dark. But not like on the same level as the other characters with out right abilities like some of the other characters. Haha, and come to think of it the demon thing makes me think of those movies with the people messing around with Oujia boards and not really know what they are doing and bringing stuff from the other side. So yea again I down played the other sisters and the stuff they did like that.

Selena does work with the tarot true. But tarot readers are actually pretty common these days. So I still wasn't quite sold on her being magical either. So yet another bias. :P

But I was thinking about it some more. And was thinking it might have to do with the Fates possibly. I mean how ironic is it for Kyrian to have his former wife, the biatch that she was, not only cheat on him and give him up to his enemy in the past. Only to have it happen again in the future. And said new wife has a physically identical twin that falls for the look alike grandson of his enemy as well. So maybe the Fates rearranged it again for that to happen again in Kyrian's life so he could get over it and this time make said wife more magical enough to not be so easily swayed to the dark side so to speak.

But great points ladies. Haha, I do like Kyrian as well Angie. He is awesome in his own way. Probably a lot more cautious these days than he was. But still pretty awesome.

Lindsey (wildphoenix22) | 5 comments I read it and loved it. I found Kyrian's character very interesting and loved all of the insight we got into his personality through the flashbacks and backstory. I definitely feel that he could have his own little mini-series chronicling some of his 11,000 years as a hunter.

Also, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern that all of my favorite DH guys are the ones that have some sort of tragic backstory. Hmm..

message 15: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally | 325 comments I totally agree about the voodoo and tarot, both are a bit more....well I don't know what the right word is but common will have to suffice....in our world. But I do also think its worth noting that most outwardly 'psychic' people are frauds....but like with Selena (who correctly predicted that Grace would marry a Greek god and have 6 kids - at least I think it was her, please do correct me if I'm wrong) the deveraux's seem to have real ability. Of course Amanda and Tabatha are stronger than their sisters.

I think your theory about the fates is fab, totally agree!! We know the fates are cruel bitches with interesting definitions of fair! ;)

I'm not far into the book yet but loving it. I don't know about you guys but because we are talking about it I'm trying to read things really slowly to take it all in more :D

angieclique | 558 comments Have you ever thought that Amanda and Tabby are more powerful because they're twins? It just popped up in my head, but I mean it should maybe explain it a bit don't you think?

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea, see that is typically what I think when it comes to voodoo and psychic types. The fraud thing. So kind of blocks my perception of them truly being magical in the story. And I don't recall if Selena predicted that Grace and Julian would get together. But I think she may have said that cause she already had the book with Julian in there. Hence when she came over she already had his book. And even was talking to him a bit about her before hand. So on some level Selena is definitely open to the magical side more than Amanda was.

Haha, thanks Angie. That was some on the crapper logic there lol.

Like referring to special twin magic Angie? I've heard of psychic twins from the tv show and stuff. Even get a newsletter from them. And in this story there is a bit of that connection. Hence Amanda can kind of always sense when something is going on with Tabby. Even if she can't always do it.

angieclique | 558 comments Yeah precisely..

*SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOUR NOT THROUGH WITH THE BOOK*
I mean Amanda isn't likening magic at all in Night Pleasures. But Tabitha is and she's using it far more than Amanda. Tabby can even sense when Amanda was with Kyrian you know? After the attack and fire at Tabbys house. But in Val's book, Amanda's more comfortable with herself and uses her magic more than in Kyrian's book. She have her premonitions in dreams and can feel when Tabby's lying. But don't forget about their feeling when their sibling died... So apparently their whole family can sense when something's wrong with a member of their family...
*END OF SPOILER*

I so wished I was a twin sometimes ... Lol :)

message 19: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally | 325 comments :) I would have loved a twin too :)

angieclique | 558 comments It would have been great you know.. To have that bond to someone exactly like you but not exactly like you if you know what I mean... :)

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh I see what you mean now Angie. Yea they were like that. So I guess there is a underline psychic connection within their family. Now that I can work with. Just how active Amanda's powers were when she was first telling Kyrian about the premonitions she had made me think that was a bit out of character there. And I guess in a way a gift from the fates when I was thinking about it earlier.

I too wished I had a twin. I have always admired the connection between them.

message 22: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Angie wrote: "It would have been great you know.. To have that bond to someone exactly like you but not exactly like you if you know what I mean... :)"

No kidding. :)

angieclique | 558 comments But I wanted a big brother too so I need to stop wishing stuff I can't have lol !!

message 24: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha. Yea maybe if your mom has closed up shop on that little adventure.

angieclique | 558 comments I resent that thought!! Lol don't wanna think about what she's doing behind closed doors!! I do have three siblings though. One sister on my mothers side and one brother and sister on my fathers.

message 26: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Your right, parents doing things that got us here is just wrong. >_< But hey I'm sure you make an awesome big sis. Can find ways to corrupt the youngins and give em back to your parents.

angieclique | 558 comments Of course it's me in a nutshell lol !!

message 28: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Well there ya go, lol.

message 29: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally | 325 comments Ahhhh, dilemma lol, do I continue re-reading night pleasures (which I'm loving) and discussing with you guys OR buy Styxx lol, cause I know as soon as I buy it I'm gonna be hooked!! ;) this is the good kind of dilemma :D

angieclique | 558 comments Dude, feels like I'm the only one who've'nt read all the books til Styxx !!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't feel bad Angie. I just finished Night Embrace. I have a loooooong way to go!

angieclique | 558 comments Oh okay I'm definitely not so far from Styxx then Marta :)

I liked that scene too Serendipity especially when they're in the elevator and Amanda's saying to Kyrian that when it's over she's going to kill him and the old lady says that she already did and that her husband died that way too.. I laughed pretty much at that :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

That is pretty funny. Amanda is so embarrassed! I also love how these immortal guys have "resources" such as the guy who picks them up in the ambulance. Always ready for any scenario.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Tabitha is pretty tough, even Kyrian wonders why she hasn't freaked out yet.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry on my phone...I meant Amanda!

angieclique | 558 comments Oh gosh how I love this book :) I love the scene when they wakes up chained together too when he rolls on top of her ^^

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Kyrian: " ...I've been nothing but amazed by you since the moment I woke up to you calling me Mr yummy leather guy"

angieclique | 558 comments Haha so so ... No words.. I love Kyrian :)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Hey peoples, finally back at the laptop. Hate my phone and autocorrect. Anyway, what I tried to type yesternight was, that I thought, I read that Kyrian asked Amanda to ring her mom to do some spells. I believe that the whole Devereaux (did I spell that right) clan is connected to magic, whether they admit to and embrace it, or deny and abstain from it.

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments I think that both of them Kyrian and Amanda have a very cool sense of humour. I could just sit with them the whole day and listen to them bantering...

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 04, 2013 07:00AM) (new)

Sorry to switch to the bad stuff, but did anyone else feel Kyrian's pain as we were taken through the gut wrenching account of his death? I was near tears, especially regarding the betrayal.

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Marta J wrote: "Sorry to switch to the bad stuff, but did anyone else feel Kyrian's pain as we were taken through the gut wrenching account of his death? I was near tears, especially regarding the betrayal."

I remember the emotions I had, when I read it the first time. I admit that because I knew what would happen (the second time around), that the impact wasn't near as bad as it had been the first time around.

angieclique | 558 comments I've got some bad habits of skipping that part nowadays :S

message 44: by Louise (last edited Sep 06, 2013 06:24AM) (new)

Louise I'll go back to this thread once I finished Styxx's book:) Love Y'all:)
and before I go I'll leave you with a clear message I hope it shows up lol here's the pic:
[image error]

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Louise wrote: "I'll go back to this thread once I finished Styxx's book:) Love Y'all:)
and before I go I'll leave you with a clear message I hope it shows up lol here's the pic:
"

It doesn't show, Louise. :(

message 46: by Louise (new)

Louise

message 47: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments We love him but that has not a THANG to do with you reading Kyrian's book Miss Louise. No deflecting. :P

message 48: by Louise (new)

Louise *sigh* I know:P

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Louise wrote: ""

Love it, got it myself, got a few others as well. :D

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "We love him but that has not a THANG to do with you reading Kyrian's book Miss Louise. No deflecting. :P"

I concur. I just think we all are talking to a wall. :(

Louise, you know I love you dearly, but this really is starting to get childish, read the f****** book, it doesn't bite. Please? Pretty please? ~strum with eyelashes~

« previous 1