Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's august reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments more light reads- the highway totally creeped me out while i was reading it. i read somewhere (facebook maybe) that even box was a little creeped out when he was writing it.
looking forward to the new reacher book being released tomorrow

Wind Chime Point- sherryl woods
The Engagements-j. courtney sullivan
The Girl You Left Behind- jojo moyes
The Time Between- karen white
The Highway- cj box

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Sherry: That (Reacher release day) is a red letter day! I grabbed up the last short story / novella I hadn't read yet to read later in readiness!
Sherry wrote: "looking forward to the new reacher book tomorrow .."

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments Sherry wrote: "looking forward to the new reacher book being released tomorrow..."

speaking of release dates, does anyone know if it's true that new books are usually released on Tuesdays? A friend mentioned this to me and I'd never heard that before. I asked our former book business friend Louise and she'd never heard of such a thing.

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry wrote: "looking forward to the new reacher book being released tomorrow..."

speaking of release dates, does anyone know if it's true that new books are usually released on Tuesdays? A frie..."

hmm, i'd never heard that before, carol.. interesting if it is true

message 5: by Ann (last edited Sep 02, 2013 05:03PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Our dear friend Gail would have known. I actually think it is possible, they would want to time them for the best positioning for the best seller lists, etc. That may be "old-school" thinking now though...
Here is a rather old article about it: http://www.themillions.com/2009/06/as...

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments If you check on Amazon almost all new releases have a Tuesday release date now. Same thing with DVDs.

message 7: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry wrote: "looking forward to the new reacher book being released tomorrow..."

speaking of release dates, does anyone know if it's true that new books are usually released on Tuesdays? A frie..."

Yes, when Borders was still operating it was always a Tuesday. Same with Target when they advertised books and new cds, released on Tuesdays.