Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monthly Read > 9/13 A Rake's Midnight Kiss by Anna Campbell (may contain spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
The monthly read for September is A Rake's Midnight Kiss by Anna Campbell. As Okie stated in a previous thread, Anna is going to drop by and discuss the book with us on September 9th, so we might have to read this one fast! As normal this thread might contain spoilers about the book.

message 2: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I finally got a brief review posted. Here's what I wrote:

This was so different from what I have come to expect from this author that I sometimes felt as if I needed to double check that I was reading an Anna Campbell book. It is both a quieter book and a more lighthearted one than the typical Campbell, but character is always the determining factor for me--and I loved these characters. The scholarly heroine is one of my favorite tropes, and I found Genevieve immensely appealing from the beginning. It took me longer to warm up to Richard, but he ended up another heartstealer a la Campbell. Whether Anna Campbell goes angsty or light with her next book, you can be sure I'll be among her readers.

message 3: by Jackie Lynn (new)

Jackie Lynn (romancenovlover) I was a little thrown off by this book. I thought it started off slow. I loved the characters but I found it kind of silly that a grown man wanted a family heirloom to boast around the ton that he was a rightful heir. I understand that being a bastard back then was taboo but he was a grown man and needed to get over himself. I didn't like that I'm sorry.

I did enjoy the relationship between Gen and Richard. I like how it progressed and how it ended. I have it a 3/5 stars because I was a little let down. But overall, I did like the book.