Kids' Dog Books discussion

Scooby-Doo

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Sep 02, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

Lisa Cohn (lisaandmichael) | 11 comments Mod
Michael loves Scooby-Doo books. He loves that they're mysteries and he loves the characters.He has learned a lot of new vocabulary words reading these boooks. I think they are sometimes too scary for kids his age. And a little violent. How about you?

message 2: by Lacy (new)

Lacy Lacy | 7 comments While we haven't read any Scooby-Doo books yet, I have been surprised at the amount of violence in children's cartoons. So far we've been able to limit viewing to the Sprout Network or Disney Jr and most of those shows seem age appropriate :) Is there a particular Scooby-Doo book you recommend for us to start with that might be less scary? I think Harrison would enjoy the adventures!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Cohn (lisaandmichael) | 11 comments Mod
I think the Scooby-Doo cartoons can be a little violent, and I discourage them. Michael loves the books! The truth is, they can be pretty funny and the characterization is well done. Scooby is a true dog hero--and he's hilarious. My favorite is "Scooby-Doo and the Fishy Phantom," mostly because Scooby and Shaggy have to pose as mermaids! The illustration is hilarious!