IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Howl’s Moving Castle (Howl’s Moving Castle, #1)
This topic is about Howl’s Moving Castle
Book Discussions > September 2013 Book of the Month: Howl's Moving Castle

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Here is the discussion thread for September's book- Howl's Moving Castle!!
Happy reading everyone!!

Catherine | 1 comments One of the best books ever!

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments I started reading it today and I'm really enjoying it so far--why the heck didn't I read this sooner/when I was growing up? xP

Katie | 45 comments *dances* Glad my suggestion won. I really enjoyed reading all of the books in this series, but Howl's Moving Castle has a special place in my bookworm heart.

Lianne, I thought the same thing when I first read it.

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments I really enjoyed this book! I didn't expect the story to be what it was, it was quite the adventure xD I can't wait to watch the adaptation (even though, from what I've gathered, it's quite different from the book) =)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I'm reading this right now! :)

Cortney Jean Considering that the movie is my all time favorite movie of all time (the double "all times" were needed), I loved this book. Albeit it was different than the movie (what book isn't?) but it had that trademark whimsy Dianne Wynne Jones is known for. I personally haven't read anything else in the series though because I heard it doesn't have much to do with Howl and Sophie so I wasn't totally interested.

Elizabeth (persephone17) I liked this book- it was pretty adorable! But I personally feel that the movie is better(for once). For some reason, it took me forever to read the book.....I just couldn't really get into it? There wasn't anything wrong, per se, it's just Miyazaki has ruined me, haha. I expected to like it more, and was kinda bummed when I didn't. But overall, it was enjoyable. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments I finally got around to watching the Miyazaki adaptation a few months ago and absolutely loved it! Despite of obvious differences from the book it really did a good job at keeping the heart of the novel in it. (also love that some of my favourite scenes from the novel were still there on-screen, i.e. Howl's hair)

Cortney wrote: " I personally haven't read anything else in the series though because I heard it doesn't have much to do with Howl and Sophie so I wasn't totally interested."

I've been meaning to pick up the other two books just to see what's going on in the rest of this world that DWJ constructed (though it sounds like there's a wee bit of Howl and Sophie in the third novel). No rush though :)