Kenyons Minions discussion

Blood Trinity (Belador, #1)
This topic is about Blood Trinity
Belador: Blood Trinity BOTM

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments The first book in the Belador series that we'll be reading is Blood Trinity

Description

An outcast among Beladors, Evalle Kincaid has walked the line between human and beast her whole life. Her origins unknown, she’s on a quest to learn more about her past . . . and her future.

When a demon claims a young woman in a terrifying attack and there’s no one else to blame, Evalle comes under suspicion. Now she’s on a deadly quest for her own survival and forced to work with a man who has the power to unravel her world. Through the sordid underground of an alternate Atlanta where nothing is as it seems to the front lines of the city, where her former allies have joined forces to hunt her, Evalle must prove her innocence or pay the ultimate price.

But saving herself is the least of her problems if she doesn’t stop the coming apocalypse. The clock is ticking and Atlanta is about to catch fire.

Please keep in mind that some may be reading this for the first time, so please use spoiler tags for potential spoilers.

message 2: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie (cassiemo9) | 818 comments Ooo I've never read the Belador series. Sounds great :)

message 3: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

message 4: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Me either. Looking forward to reading it. I've already reserved it at the library. :-D

message 5: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Looks great Shari. :)

message 6: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments I think I actually own a hard copy. lol

message 7: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Just got my copy from the library today and since I've finished Styxx, gonna start tonight :-)

Hopefully you all can join in soon.

message 8: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments I picked the first one up a few years back. I had some trouble to get into the story although it started interesting, but I found when I continued reading that the characters did grow on me. I read it twice before I started here on GR and now I have read book 2 and 3, number four is sitting on the shelf to be read.
I like Evalle and her friends but I have to admit that the introduction of gods and deities was a bit confusing. I usually overread minor confusion but when it gets too complicated I stop it. I like the Belador series but it is not something I recommend like I would do with the Dark Hunter books.

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments I read the first two books. I agree Manuela. it is somewhat confusing

message 10: by Manuela (last edited Sep 06, 2013 03:32AM) (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Yes, Ray, and it doesn't help that I read so many other books in between. I just don't want to re-read them all to get into no.4. :)

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments However I love the gargoyle fenix :D he is awesome

message 12: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments LOL, yes you do. ;) he is cool. Like a pet.

message 13: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments So I finally have started this book. I'm two chapters into it and its ok so far. Not really spectacular. Evalle is an alterant which is a being that is Half breed, part belador and it's not clear what the other part is.....yet!

message 14: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments She becomes friends with Z and Quinn, two pure blood beladors. I'm a little skeptical of their friendship because they were all mistrustful of each other. Alterants are to my understanding looked down on especially because they are capable of turning against humanity. They are capable of shifting into a monster and attack everything in sight. They're immediately either killed or imprisoned by VIPER, I guess they're a supernatural FBI agency.

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments You are making this sound good girlie.

message 16: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (last edited Sep 10, 2013 05:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments It definitely has potential :-)

I like Quinn. He's the lighthearted one. Hes not as serious as Evalle and Z.

Oh another thing I found interesting is that beladors are capable of mindlinking to share each other strengths and abilities but it takes a lot of trust to let someone wander through your mind. And Quinn has the ability to mind lock :-D Hehe he can get into anyone mind without permission and see through that persons eyes or force them to do things (although Quinn prefers to say guiding them lol)

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Interesting.

message 18: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I love most of the characters in here. I'm still not sure of Evalle (the main character) she's tough but shes still suffering from her past. And she takes a lot of crap from her comrades because she's alterant. Doesn't matter she works just as hard and has been with VIPER for 8 years. They'll work with her grudgingly but none trust her. They're looking for reasons to kick her out of the organization. Some serious prejudice

message 19: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments 75% into it and it gets more and more interesting. Its so many different species of demons and beings, its a little hard to keep up with them.

message 20: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments *Drools* Evalle gots two male specimens trying for her affections. They are scrumptious indeed. Storm a shaman and skinwalker, man can shift into a giant jaguar. And Isak is a human with a uncanny ability to track nonhumans and he's got a kickass gun. I love em both

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh no, not a love triangle. >_<

message 22: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Its actually not an annoying love triangle though.....yet! And I think its mostly because they aren't pressuring her into anything and because they arent aware of each other. So no testosterone battles.

message 23: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh that's kind of good then. Hopefully she picks someone soon.

message 24: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I finished it btw. It was alright in the beginning and it didnt really get good till close to the middle. Then it got interesting.

This series isnt like Kenyons other series where each book its from other characters viewpoint. Its all about Evalles adventure and journey. The book did allow a couple of characters a viewpoint though

message 25: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments hm one of them has a huge lead on the other because she trusts him more. And this girl does not trust easily

message 26: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments There are four books in this series and swear it better not take all of them to figure out the other species that makes up the alterant ancestry because I'm suspicious of why they are rounded up and caged instead of killed. Even the ones who haven't shifted into their beast forms according to Tristan. I feel sooo bad for him. He demanded to be killed because he didn't wanna be caged again and Brina (Evalle's tribe leader) didn't grant him that mercy. Soooo I don't trust her.

message 27: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie (cassiemo9) | 818 comments It's definitely different from SK's other books for sure. Just finished it. I wasn't too sure in the beginning. I thought Quinn and Z would have a larger part than they did. Def curious how the story will progress.

message 28: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Very different from her other series. Its not as centered around the romance, although you are aware of the possibilities. I kind of liked the fact we didnt see too much of Z and Quinn but I also would have loved to read more on how they all went from not trusting each other to best friends especially since most beladors have a prejudice against alterants

message 29: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie (cassiemo9) | 818 comments They could be setting it up for the next books. May get our answers later on. I did kind of miss the real romance in the books I will say. It's cool that there was a set up of two love interests. I'm dying to know about who her parents are. Haven't had that explained yet. Might answer why they transform into beasts.

message 30: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments lol I think I was more anxious when it came to the romance. I kept waiting for something earth shattering to happen between Evalle and one of the guys....or both. Both is good if they're into that kind of thing ;-)

message 31: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yes!!! I wanna know as well. Tristan I'm sure had some of the answers, I don't think he was bluffing on that note.

message 32: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie (cassiemo9) | 818 comments Right?! I was waiting for something to happen between at least one of them. hahaha I can't see any of those guys sharing, but it'd be amusing. hehehe

I felt bad for Tristan. I understand why he felt the way he did. Locked away for no reason other than Brina somehow knowing he will be bad sometime in the future. Poor guy. He knows something. I don't think he was bluffing either.

message 33: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Goodness I felt bed too especially after he begged to be killed and not put back in the cage. I was like put that man out of his misery.

message 34: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments And I think its Brinas fault if he goes bad. You been locking the man away when he hasn't committed a crime. Her actions could be why he goes bad

message 35: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie (cassiemo9) | 818 comments Yup that's what I was thinking. He could have been a good asset.

Romance Bookaholic (romancebookaholictraveler) | 16 comments I'm loving the action in this book.I'm about 16% thru it. :) I'm glad for this series

message 37: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yes the action is one of the best things in the series and I love that Evalle is such a strong heroine. Even when shes in a vulnerable state, she's determined not to lean on anyone

message 38: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments And happy to see you here Romance. :-)

Romance Bookaholic (romancebookaholictraveler) | 16 comments I'm happy to be here :)

PepperP0t  | 180 comments I'm just getting ready to start this book. Am I the last one to read it?

message 41: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Oh yay. Share your thoughts with us. I love this series so would love to chat with you about it.

PepperP0t  | 180 comments ok, I've got the books and this is the only series I intend to read but haven't (Sorry Nick CoN lost me at book one.)

message 43: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I hope you enjoy it. Each book gets better and better.

PepperP0t  | 180 comments i'll let you know. extremely long day, today and tomorrow. I haven't even read the prologue yet but I'll post an update in a day or so.

message 45: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Sweet. Look forward to it

PepperP0t  | 180 comments i've got a handful o pages let and i like it a really lot. Feenix! let's throw spitballs at Sen and can I keep Storm?

message 47: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yaaay. It gets better btw ^_^

Sen is a douchebag.
Storm is amazing. He's pretty awesome. His backstory is pretty interesting too

PepperP0t  | 180 comments i posted my review on it