Who's Your Author? discussion

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1)
This topic is about Once Dead, Twice Shy
Archives 2013 > September YA BOM: Once Dead Twice Shy

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments

My name is Madison Avery, and I'm here to tell you that there's more out there than you can see, hear, or touch. Because I'm there. Seeing it. Touching it. Living it.

Madison's prom was killer—literally. Now, thanks to a mysterious amulet, she's stuck on Earth: dead but not gone. She has no idea why the dark reaper who did her in was after her, but she's not about to just sit around and let fate take its course. With a little skilled light-bending, the help of a light reaper (one of the good guys . . . maybe), her cute crush, and oh yeah, her guardian angel, Madison's ready to take control of her own destiny once and for all, before it takes control of her.

Well, if she believed in that stuff.

message 2: by Gin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gin | 338 comments I've been meaning to try this for quite some time now.

Erica (readingdiva8511) | 109 comments I've read this book and I like it. But don't go start reading it with The Hallows in mind, because then you may be disappointed. Also keep in mind that it is a YA book.
I really like Madison she's different than most of the girls in YA books that I've read. She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders and isn't afraid to say what she's thinking.
The book has what I expect from Kim Harrison (who is one of my favorite authors). The humor and the action that I love from her. Also I love that there is still a small character (Grace the guardian angel) with a bit of attitude, reminds me a bit of my beloved Jenks.
I'm looking forward to seeing what others are goign to say about this book.

message 4: by Gin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gin | 338 comments I'm so scared to try this one. Such mixed reviews.

Erica (readingdiva8511) | 109 comments Gin wrote: "I'm so scared to try this one. Such mixed reviews."

Like I said I think you'll be okay if you don't go into it comparing it to The Hallows. I would give it a try. I really enjoyed it.

message 6: by Ladondra (new)

Ladondra | 7 comments Loved this series. Lots of nice humor and totally teenaged themes!