The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Fugitives from Northwoods (The Northwoods Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Fugitives from Northwoods
Read and Review > Fugitives from Northwoods

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Riya (last edited Jul 30, 2014 09:38PM) (new)

Riya | 1876 comments *Please read the rules before signing up. If you would like to receive a free copy of Fugitives from Northwoods in exchange for an honest review please fill out this form and post it in this thread:

Your Name:
Your Email Address:
File Format You'd Like to Receive:
Date You Signed Up:

Book Title: Fugitives from Northwoods
Link to Book: Fugitives from Northwoods
Number of copies available: 15 via Amazon
Genre of Book: Dystopian, Action/Adventure, Thriller
Reader Age Range: 14+

Synopsis:
ight teenagers escape imprisonment at a work camp to brave the wilderness. Tested to their limits, they struggle to survive their terrifying dash for freedom. After the total collapse of the world economy, the United States could not stand together. So they failed separately. In the small region-state of Winnkota, poverty and greed are turning the idyllic Northwoods of Minnesota into a barren wasteland of clear-cut forests and over-fished lakes. Every able-bodied teenager is conscripted into a labor force and sent to work in harsh, prison-like conditions. They are enslaved young so they never learn to think for themselves. But Penn is different. He's determined to win back freedom-for himself, his friends, and someday for his homeland. On a cold autumn night, the group makes their dash for freedom north of the border. The fugitives endure a series of difficult wilderness challenges while pursued by the ruthless camp guards. They weave through dense forest, scale cliffs, swim through the bitterly cold lakes, and otherwise try simply to survive. Pushing his friends to the breaking point, Penn guides the fugitives through a harsh, but ironically beautiful, backdrop of amazing Northwoods scenery. Adversity and loss abound, all while an unexpected physical attraction leads to a burgeoning love story. Should any of them survive to reach the border, will the freedom found equal all that they expected?

Rules

- Reviews MUST be posted within 21 days of the book being sent.
- Reviews MUST be posted on Goodreads, but can also be posted on other book review sites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc.)
- A link to your review MUST be posted in the appropriate thread.
- Any books you receive for an RaR must NEVER be shared without the author's consent.
- Please write honest reviews, but be constructive. NO tolerance will be made for MEAN or HATEFUL comments.
- You MUST have already written and posted at least 5 reviews on Goodreads
- You can only sign up for ONE Read and Review at a time!

If any of these rules are broken in any way, that member will be BANNED and REPORTED. There will be no exceptions. Rules MUST be followed and that's that.

RaR Sign Ups:
1. Kathy (klgicurn@yahoo.com) 9/12
2. Kandice (kandicegienow@live.com) 9/12
3. Jodi (authorjodiwoody@yahoo.com)
4. Elizabeth (Stille@unicoischools.com ) 9/24
5. Charlie (cwdeighton@gmail.com) 9/25
6. Ariella (ariellaester@gmail.com)
7. Kathleen (kt_toomey@sbcglobal.net)

8. Brenda (crazypimpernelfan@outlook.com) 2/2
9. Melek (elessarelanoure@hotmail.com) 7/24
10. Daniel (daniel.yoo14@gmail.com)

Chris Bostic (chrisbostic) | 30 comments Surely someone wants to take a look at this for me, right? Free book, who could pass that up?

Maybe a little more of a description would help. Think Hunger Games, specifically the forest scenes. Fugitives is a wilderness survival, adventure thriller with epic chases and non-stop action.

Not only that, but it's a 2013 National Outdoor Book Award nominee. Currently being judged with award winners to be announced in November.

Here's a look at the cheap little book trailer I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU7OGT...

message 3: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Geiser (kathygeiser) | 10 comments Hi, I would love to read and review your book. I post here, on Amazon and my blog site (elfwitchlovesbooks.blogspot.com). I also post reviews on Facebook on my book review elfwitch loves books. My email is klgicurn@yahoo.com. Thank you for considering me. Kathy Geiser

message 4: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Thanks for signing up Kathy!

message 5: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Geiser (kathygeiser) | 10 comments Your welcome. It sounds really good.

message 6: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments It does!!! I totally want to read it too- maybe I'll sign up later :)

Kandice | 32 comments Kandice Gienow
kandicegienow@live.com
Kindle - ePub/PDF
Sept 12/13

message 8: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Thanks Kandice!

Kandice | 32 comments No problem Riya! I love RaRs

message 10: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments That's great :) It's always great when people love the program and keep participating!

Kandice | 32 comments Yay! :)
And I always end up signing up for ones that you are a part of

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Haha- I guess you just have good taste :P

Kandice | 32 comments Exactly :)

message 14: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments :)

message 15: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Woody (jodiwoody) Jodi Woody
authorjodiwoody@yahoo.com
ebook
09/14/13
Thanks!

message 16: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Woody (jodiwoody) by the way the trailer looks great

message 17: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Signed you up Jodi! :)

Chris Bostic (chrisbostic) | 30 comments Thank you all for signing up. Copies have been gifted through Amazon for Kathy, Kandice and Jodi.

Much appreciated :)

message 19: by Jodi (last edited Sep 22, 2013 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Woody (jodiwoody) Loved it! Find reviews here:
http://www.amazon.com/Fugitives-from-...
https://plus.google.com/1092690424200...
http://authorjodiwoody.com/
as well as goodreads, facebook, tumbler and twitter (all as reposts of my website)

message 20: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Thanks Jodi!!

message 21: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Still | 6 comments Ok... So I know this is several days old, but it seems there are still spots left. I just finished another RaR. Caf I still sign up? Stille@unicoischools.com

message 22: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Sure Elizabeth! Thanks :)

message 23: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Awesome Charlie :D

message 24: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Thanks!!!

Ariella (ariellah980) | 4 comments If there is any room left I would love to read this. Name: Ariella Holstein Email: ariellaester@gmail.com

message 26: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Of course Ariella! And this thread hasn't been used in awhile, so if the author doesn't send you a copy in the next few days or so, just post in here and I'll message them!

Chris Bostic (chrisbostic) | 30 comments Hi Ariella. Thanks so much for your interest. I just gifted you the copy.

Let me know if you don't get it soon. I hit the wrong button and sent it before I was done typing. Oops :/

Kathleen | 7 comments I'm glad to see this is still available to sign up! (I remember I'm part of GoodReads over school breaks and always discover new things when I do.)
Kathleen Toomey, kt_toomey@sbcglobal.net

message 29: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Awesome Kathleen!

Chris Bostic (chrisbostic) | 30 comments Watch your email, Kathleen. I'll gift you the copy in a minute.
Thanks for your interest :)

message 32: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Sure Brenda!

Thanks Ariella :D Hope you participate in more RaRs :)

Chris Bostic (chrisbostic) | 30 comments Thanks, Ariella.

Sorry I missed your noted earlier, Brenda. I'll get that copy sent off right away.

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments I was wondering if a paperback copy was available for this.

message 35: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Sadly not, only Amazon ebooks.

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments That's unfortunate.
My computer can't handle eBooks without crashing. lol

message 37: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Oh sorry Daniel!

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments No worries, it's not like it's your fault my computer is 7 years old. :(

message 39: by Jaylie (new)

Jaylie (iyaij) | 3 comments Are there still available copies to sign up for?

message 40: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Jiayi wrote: "Are there still available copies to sign up for?"

Of course!

Kathleen | 7 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Here's my review! It's not the best (I've never written a review before) but I'll work on them :)

message 42: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments It's a fine review- thanks Kathleen! Hope you sign up for more then :)

message 43: by Daniel (last edited Jul 18, 2014 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments So.. My Kobo is working again, and I was wondering if copies are still available for R&R.
(And would these copies be readable on the Kobo?)

Chris Bostic (chrisbostic) | 30 comments Daniel,

The only way I can get you an ebook is to gift it through Amazon. I would guess that there has to be way for a Kobo to open and read it, but I honestly don't know if/how that's possible. Maybe someone else can answer that? Please?

message 45: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments I think there are online convertors that could possibly work, but I think that the only other option is to use an Amazon app on a computer or phone.

message 46: by Melek (new) - added it

Melek (chaissar) Though it is a little late for that, it looks like there are some spots left. Can I still participate?

message 47: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Sure Melek! Just submit your email address and preferred format.

message 48: by Melek (new) - added it

Melek (chaissar) Thanks. :) elessarelanoure@hotmail.com it is, and I would prefer it in .epub format.

message 49: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Great!

message 50: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Let me know if you don't receive your copy in the next week

« previous 1