I Am Legend I Am Legend question

I Am Legend
Oliver Oliver Sep 02, 2013 11:30AM
Zombies Or Vampires?

After watching the I Am Legend film, I had to read the book. I have read other vampire books too, such as Dracula, Salems Lot, The Historian and intend to read Anne Rice vampire books some day. Although I love The Walking Dead series and World War Z film, I have not felt compelled to read the books.

Larry (last edited Sep 02, 2013 11:50PM ) Sep 02, 2013 11:49PM   0 votes
They're vampires.

Is the question if they're zombies or vampires in this book? I'd say vampires, the aversion to light makes the seem more vampire-y than zombie-ish.

Kirsteen Gordon I agree, although I assumed the question was which do you prefer?
Sep 25, 2013 05:59AM · flag

In the Vincent Price movie based off this story, they called them vampires. That was Last Man on Earth (best of the movies) and I think it was closest to the actual story. However, having read the story I am not sure if I would call them vampires or zombies as they are kind of both. They can't take the day light and tend to munch on people when they can. So toss a coin on that one I suppose. And World War Z the book was incredible!

Zompires

Depends... what's the question here?

Zombies every time, they have more humour, I liken them to people I know. Hated I am legend film as it is nothing like the book which is one of my all time favourites. Omega man, although ancient is truer. I would recommend The Long Walk by Steven King although I am not usually a fan of his. It has neither zombies nor vampires in it but still has something. World War Z I loved but think I am going to hate the film.

Oliver Smith I'm with you on the I am legend film. I loved the book and it's up there in my list of books. I enjoyed The Long Walk too. Give World War Z (film) a b ...more
May 11, 2020 02:48PM · flag