Christian Teen Bookclub discussion

Books > Do you write in your books?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathanyoung) So, do you write in your books? Why or why not? If so, how has it helped you?

I guess I will go first.

Yes, I write in the margins of my books, if I own the book that is. Most of the time I just circle words I am unfamiliar with and write the definitions on the same page. Sometimes I will write out thoughts that come to mind while reading, but most of the time I save those for my notebook. I have not yet re-read a book that I have written in, so I don't yet know how much it will help having the notes already there, but I think it will be a big help. I also highlight important phrases or quotes to help me find them again later.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well if I own the book Sometimes I do. Like you said Lester if I don't understand a word I underline it or circle it and come back and search the difinition

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Swimchickhg) | 11 comments If I own the book, the chances are pretty high that I'll end up writing in it. Just little notes and highlighting quotes. I haven't re-read any of the books I've written in either. If I lend it out, people don't seem to mind the gibberish I've written in, or at least they don't mention it. :)

message 4: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 13 comments I agree Ysa! :)

message 5: by Bethany Rose (new)

Bethany Rose (thebookcaterpillar) The only books I write in are my textbook and Bible.

It is a sin to do otherwise. (I'm just kidding. ;D)