Lord of the Rings group discussion

Chat > LotR music!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 25 comments Check these out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZNqs0...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQiNVk...

While your at it, check out some other music by the Piano Guys and Lindsey Stirling. Both are awesome!!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, they are both awesome! I've been a fan of theirs for a long time.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Rahi (kimmierahi) Check out my review on "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" Comments are welcome! Lets get a debate going!

http://beautifulreaderkimmie.wordpres...

message 4: by Essilie (new)

Essilie | 39 comments My brother just got a violin. The first music book he ordered was the Hobbit music. Now we learning to play all the songs, me on the piano and he on his violin.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Cool! I play the violin, but I don't have the music yet. :(
My sister on the other hand can play be ear, and has already figured out three or four of the LOTR songs.

message 6: by Essilie (new)

Essilie | 39 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Cool! I play the violin, but I don't have the music yet. :(
My sister on the other hand can play be ear, and has already figured out three or four of the LOTR songs."

My brother can do the same! You can get the Hobbit for 12$ I think on Amazon and the Lord of the Rings for a little more, or both for 20 something.

message 7: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments I play piano and clarinet and am planning on learning cello, harp, and guitar. I can play any LOTR song on clarinet. On the piano I can play Concerning Hobbits (my fav LOTR song!!!) and the beginning of Beyond the Forest from the Hobbit films. I am currently learning The Breaking of the Fellowship on the piano. ThePianoGuys LOTR medley is like my fav thing EVER!!! <3 I listen to LOTR music every day, while I'm doing my homework too. (I'm an auditory learner so listening to wordless music while doing hmwk helps me work faster and better). I am IN LOVE with Howard Shore's AMAZING LOTR songs. What a genius. <3

message 8: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments 2 of my sisters, one on the violin and one on the flute, and then me on the piano are gonna do a Concerning Hobbits arrangement!!! My fav LOTR songs are (not in order): Concerning Hobbits (fav!<3) The Last March of the Ents, Isengard Unleashed, Rivendell theme, The Realm of Gondor (all Gondor themes combined), The Rideres of Rohan, Evenstar, The Bridge of Khazad Dum, and The Breaking of the Fellowship!! <3

message 9: by Himika (new)

Himika Chakraborty | 5 comments Concerning Hobbits is one of my favourite LOTR songs.I also like the Lothlorien theme,The Rohan theme,The realm of Gondor,The bridge of Khazad-Dum,and the last theme when Frodo and the others are sailing away to the undying lands.

message 10: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments Himika wrote: "Concerning Hobbits is one of my favourite LOTR songs.I also like the Lothlorien theme,The Rohan theme,The realm of Gondor,The bridge of Khazad-Dum,and the last theme when Frodo and the others are s..."

Oh I need to listen to that last one! Howard Shore managed to make every song fit the settings perfectly! I don't know how he did it! Like making the Lothlorien theme really haunting and magical and mysterious, or making the Rohan and Gondor themes triumphant and bold, or the Shire theme happy and bouncy and joyful!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah Howard Shore is an awesome composer!

message 12: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments Agreed. That man is a genius. He composed 7 MINUTES of music a DAY just for our same, for LOTR's sake. And we are forever grateful. <3

message 13: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 20 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Cool! I play the violin, but I don't have the music yet. :(
My sister on the other hand can play be ear, and has already figured out three or four of the LOTR songs."

That's awesome :) I think the music from LOTR is really amazing and beautiful, which songs does she know?

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) She knows variations of Concerning Hobbits, Breaking of the Fellowship, and the Riders of Rohan.

message 15: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments Yes I can play by ear very well and can play any song you name!! I tend to just play LOTR stuff instead of the songs I should be practicing D:

I have found that the Misty Mountains Cold sounds very nice on the clarinet =-]

message 16: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 20 comments Elizabeth wrote: "She knows variations of Concerning Hobbits, Breaking of the Fellowship, and the Riders of Rohan."

Nice. I like all of those

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Tolkienite3791 wrote: "Yes I can play by ear very well and can play any song you name!! I tend to just play LOTR stuff instead of the songs I should be practicing D:

I have found that the Misty Mountains Cold sounds ve..."

Cool! Do you just play the clarinet or other instruments as well?

message 18: by Strider (new)

Strider | 104 comments When first listening to the Lord of the Rings sound tracks, much of the music I did not like. But literally over the years listening to it, and making its connections to the movie events, i.e. "understanding it and it's connection to the scenes' moods and purposes," I was strongly drawn into its genius. I'm somewhat slow on the uptake, like some from Bree, but have come to a deeper and more meaningful appreciation of Shore's musical creations.

I never cease to wonder at the way we have been created, with not just sight and hearing, but with the capacity to be deeply moved and affected by well-constructed longitudinal pressure waves! It isn't the "sounds" that ultimately cause us wonder, but a soul that has the capacity to interpret and apply the intricate combinations and j together of specific notes.

Shore, as good as he is, is but the applicator of gifts given! He certainly deserves credit for developing and applying his talents, gifts, and abilities, but ultimately I trust he recognizes the Originator of those gifts! :-)

Just a thought.

message 19: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Tolkienite3791 wrote: "Yes I can play by ear very well and can play any song you name!! I tend to just play LOTR stuff instead of the songs I should be practicing D:

I have found that the Misty M..."

I also play piano and cello ;) im sorry this reply is extremely late, i havent been on here that much :(

message 20: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments The Originator being God? Sorry, I'm confused xD I'm Catholic though, so i do hope he recognizes who have him his incredible talent.