Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Seasonal Watches > Fall-Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Tsbuasa: Reservoir Chronicle is one of the three anime we are watching this Fall. We are watching the first 4 episodes as a group.

"During an excavation at the mysterious ruins in Clow Country, Syaoran discovers his childhood friend Princess Sakura appear on the site with wings that disperse into many feathers. As the feather's disappear to different dimensions, so does Sakura's memory. In attempts to save Sakura's life and restore her memory, Syaoran travels through to another world to find a solution. There's only one thing left he can do. Travel through to different dimensions to collect Sakura's feathers. Helping out with the quest is Kurogane, an exiled ninja from Japan Country who wishes to return to his world, the runaway magician, Fay, who desires to jump between each world never to return to his own and the white meat-bun shaped creature, Mokona."

Discuss Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I first read the Tsubasa manga after picking it up at my library. It's one of my favorite series and the first I read by CLAMP. So far, the anime has pretty much followed the manga really close.

Has anyone else read the manga? If so, how does it influence how you view the show?

Also, has anyone read any other CLAMP series that show up in Tsubasa? If so, how are they represented in Tsubasa?

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments I watched the Tokyo Revelations OVAs to see how they compare to volumes 16-ish of the manga since I had just read that arc. The anime fixes one of my largest problems with the manga, the disjointed flow of the panels, simply by being animated. It's easier to tell what is going on and who is doing what than it is in the manga. However, it also makes my other largest problem, the confusing plot twists and dialog, worse simply by not being a book. You can't reread or rewind a video so easily, so it was harder to keep up with and process the confusing twists.

Other than these two things (both of which are due to the inherent nature of the medium and can't really be judged), it seems pretty much the same as the manga. I'm going to finish the manga, and probably watch the anime in full when I feel like revisiting the story.