What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy, Romance, funny. Guy works in a cafe/restaurant, he's in love with female co-worker, he dies and becomes a ghost. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Bond | 4 comments I remember reading this book on holiday in about 2005/2006, it made me laugh out loud and I would love to read it again!

The main character dies and becomes a ghost, from memory he meets other spirits and ghost, he is in love with a lady he works with and eventually I believe she dies but they both come back??

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks
Laura :)

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Kings of Infinite Space Kings of Infinite Space by James Hynes , maybe?

If not, would you consider the book to be more of a romance? And, do you remember the cover?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Bond | 4 comments Thanks but that's not it, the main character worked in a cafe, all I remember from the cover was that it was bright, sorry not helpful i know!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Bond | 4 comments Hello, yes I am

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Laura--if you bump your thread up periodically (like every 30 to 90 days) you'll have a better chance of getting it found.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking? Is it set in the U.S., U.K., somewhere else?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking? Is it set in the U.S., U.K., somewhere else?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
Laura is still looking for this book:

"Hello, I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read in 2005/2006. The characters work together in a cafe/restaurant, he is in love with her and dies but becomes a ghost/spirit. He meets other ghosts and I'm pretty sure she dies in the end (bike accident I think but I'm not 100% sure) I know that all sounds pretty morbid but I remember this book being laugh out loud hilarious and I would love to read it again!
Thanks for any help"

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
I added genre and some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.