THE Group for Authors! discussion

Deborah Plummer Bussey
This topic is about Deborah Plummer Bussey
Publishing and Promoting > Need advice for marketing strategy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments I recently self published my second mystery using Createspace for the production and decided to use Lightning Source for distribution. Because I am using Lightning Source I am not able to list the book for expanded distribution on amazon. My experience with the first self-published title which I did completely with Createspace and distributed through Amazon gave me very limited, if not non-existent exposure with bookstores which is why I choose to go with Lightning Source for distribution. I have also contracted with a book publicity firm that has secured good exposure through radio and blogs but yet sales are off to a very slow start. I did a virtual launch promoted through Facebook and Twitter. Have a great Facebook author page with a decent number of likes. There are plans to promote at a trade show but not sure what direction I should take after that. Considering book signings through book stores but that is exhausting and costly with low ROI. Any insights on what is missing or wrong in this marketing strategy?

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Excellent post ... let me know responses as I seem to be on this ride also.

message 3: by Garry (new)

Garry Martin | 10 comments Hi Deborah,
If you have good exposure on FB with a decent number of likes why not consider a virtual eBook signing (if you have an eBook also). We have many authors using Autography to sign their eBooks..check out www.autography.com and also an event we recently did for HC authors at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI-2h0...
When you sign an eBook you automatically collect an email address, as well as other key metadata from your reader. In addition the recipient of the signed ebook can share the signed page across all their social networks creating a powerful secondary marketing opportunity for your title.

Garry Martin
Autography

message 4: by Norm (last edited Sep 03, 2013 11:56AM) (new)

Norm Hamilton (normhamilton) | 153 comments Hi Deborah.

I'm joining this thread as I have the same kind of question going on for me. Unfortunately, I have nothing to offer you as I've only published through CreateSpace, KOBO, Smashwords and KDP Canada.

I am a Canadian author and find that my paperback, The Digital Eye is available in Amazon USA, UK and in Europe but that CreateSpace (an Amazon company) has no "agreement" with Amazon.ca so my book is not available on that platform. Seems odd.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to reading the suggestions offered by those with greater experience than I.

message 5: by Urenna (new)

Urenna Sander | 6 comments Hello, Deborah—
Below are some pointers for selling your book:
In 1979, Farrah Fawcett did a shampoo commercial. She said, “And they’ll tell their friends, and so, on, and so on…” Word of mouth is going to sell your book.
Communication is the core for bookselling; however, I recently read that social networking will not necessarily sell your book(s).
Selling books is all about getting the word out, whether advertising on Amazon, Rawsistaz, web bookstores, exhibiting at trade shows, bookstore events, social media, radio and television, and yes, book fairs and the library.
I recently received suggestions that airport bookstores and supermarkets are a good place to sell your books. If it is a sensual romance, a lingerie shop might be interested in your book.
There are many seasoned and new authors competing for the attention of the book buying public. The more people you tell about your book, the more likely a significant number of them will buy it. In addition, have a cardboard likeness of your book cover at book fairs (about 5 feet). I received this suggestion from my accountant.
Successful book marketing requires the author to get actively involved in promoting her title on a regular basis.
Some authors do well in a wide range of exposure. Others who cannot bear media appearances might be better suited to direct mail, publicity and advertising. Renting space at the annual BEA event is costly; however, each authors’ financial situation is different.
Whatever you decide, your book is your ‘baby,’ and if you do not advertise, it will not sell.

P.S. I received the suggestion to “pitch the hook, not the book.” I am passing this on to you too.

True Season of Love

message 6: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments At the risk of sounding astoundingly stupid (an inescapable fate, anyway), here is my 1.12875 cents worth, adjusted for inflation.

You must first have a writer. Is you be one of these? If unsure, then look for the telltale signs...sunken eyeballs, slack jaw, unshaved armpits, table manners of a buzzard, and at least five partially used reams of printing paper, one of which should be in use as a coaster.

If you found a writer living in your house, you must either:
1. Move. Just say goodbye to your belongings and leave, right now, while he's in the john, or:
2. Stop feeding him. This sounds cruel but writers are wild creatures and you're just making matters worse by giving him meat and sugar and stuff, or:
3. Find a Catholic priest familiar with the rites of exorcism, or:
4. Hose him down, dress him up, and make the world believe you've discovered the second coming of Clark Gable. Long before you can begin to get people to flock to a book, you must make them believe the bilious nose-picker before them is a future John Grisham. Not to imply that Grisham is a nose-picker, but...well, of COURSE he is, in a refined Rhett Butler sort of way.

Dammit. Off course again. This is exactly the sort of thing that doomed the SS Minnow.

Jon
Writer

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Jon wrote: "At the risk of sounding astoundingly stupid (an inescapable fate, anyway), here is my 1.12875 cents worth, adjusted for inflation.

You must first have a writer. Is you be one of these? If unsure..."

Beyond cute, downright funneh!!

message 8: by E.B. (new)

E.B. Brown (ebbrown) | 19 comments Jon wrote: "At the risk of sounding astoundingly stupid (an inescapable fate, anyway), here is my 1.12875 cents worth, adjusted for inflation.

You must first have a writer. Is you be one of these? If unsure..."

ROFL

Well said.

message 9: by Jon (last edited Sep 05, 2013 07:23PM) (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments I was making a serious point, guys. Trouble was, I tried to make sense at 3:15 AM.

An eternal truth is that an author can't sell his book unless he sells himself as a writer first. Getting people to like you will pay off when your book is finally out. The difference between a writer and an author is about a year.

During that time, you will become aware that people misunderstand you. I write action/adventure and paranormal novels, but everybody says I'm funny and should write humor. I did. Nobody remembers. The problem is not in my books, but in my attitude. They think I'm funny because they can't crawl around inside my head and see for themselves the pain and anguish that guides my psyche.

In truth, I'm not funny. I have no sense of humor. I can prove it. I made a joke the other day. Ready? Here it is. A horse fly walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Why the long proboscis?"

See? Nobody laughed.

Jon Etheredge

Author of "The Incredibly Normal Adventures of Roosterboots", "Abigail Dare", "Reaching Deep", and due for release in 2014, "Dream Talker".

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bain | 7 comments Norm wrote: "Hi Deborah.

I'm joining this thread as I have the same kind of question going on for me. Unfortunately, I have nothing to offer you as I've only published through CreateSpace, KOBO, Smashwords an..."

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bain | 7 comments Norm, good to know about Createspace not working with Amazon.ca. I was going over the Matchbooks promotion Amazon is doing next month. If Createspace can't do .ca, and Canadians have to get their ebooks fron .ca, I don't think Matchbooks is an option for a Cdn author.

message 12: by Norm (new)

Norm Hamilton (normhamilton) | 153 comments @Nancy. It still works for Amazon.com. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the hard copy onto Amazon.ca but all I get from their "help" responses is a link to writing a description for an already existing ebook.

Not much help, I'm afraid.

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Garry wrote: "Hi Deborah,
If you have good exposure on FB with a decent number of likes why not consider a virtual eBook signing (if you have an eBook also). We have many authors using Autography to sign their e..."

Sounds like a great idea.I will check it out. Thanks so much!

message 14: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Caroline wrote: "Excellent post ... let me know responses as I seem to be on this ride also."

Thanks. Hope we can help each other.

message 15: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Norm wrote: "Hi Deborah.

I'm joining this thread as I have the same kind of question going on for me. Unfortunately, I have nothing to offer you as I've only published through CreateSpace, KOBO, Smashwords an..."

Thanks for joining the conversation. Maybe we can help each other.

message 16: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Urenna wrote: "Hello, Deborah—
Below are some pointers for selling your book:
In 1979, Farrah Fawcett did a shampoo commercial. She said, “And they’ll tell their friends, and so, on, and so on…” Word of mouth is ..."

Thanks ever so much. Your words ring true. When my first book was published through traditional methods I spent a lot of personal time promoting it. I do not have that luxury now but know that your words are true. I am also not a natural sales person (the kind that buys my share of the raffle tickets rather than sell them) and imagine that that many writers are the same. However, communicating is also why a lot of people write so re-framing sales as communication helps. Thanks again.

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Jon wrote: "I was making a serious point, guys. Trouble was, I tried to make sense at 3:15 AM.

An eternal truth is that an author can't sell his book unless he sells himself as a writer first. Getting pe..."
This rings true...BTW, I am a psychologist by profession and trying not to analyze your words. I'll take them as humorous. Thanks for sharing.

message 18: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Hi guys! It's an adventure and a road not taken it seems but actually I'm beginning to think of the painters and the starving artists, as they call them.
I went to a book festival in Atlanta and it showcased so many writers. I'm guessing readers are icing on the cake or cherries jubilee if you make money! Ha!

message 19: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments That is what I am finding as well...most of the book blogs and festivals feature authors and aspiring writers. Building a community of readers is a real chore. I have spent thousands of dollars on good book publicity with a lot of exposure...doesn't always translate into sales. With 9,000 books being released every day it is very, very difficult to get yours noticed.

message 20: by R.E. (new)

R.E.  Carter (papasmurf1911) | 20 comments Deborah wrote: "That is what I am finding as well...most of the book blogs and festivals feature authors and aspiring writers. Building a community of readers is a real chore. I have spent thousands of dollars on ..."

I market for a living and people are lazy, so you have to tell them what to do. People want to be told what to read. The reviews for 50 Shades of Grey are awful...but people still read it because the world told them too. You have to market your book to a small group of people with power and influence, and others will read it because they will follow the leader. It's a lot like being a hip hop artist who sells cd's from the trunk of their car....most of them are discovered by accident. Every once in a while a producer or promoter will get into a friends car, and hears a new voice on some crappy mix tape. The next thing you know this unknow artist, is dropping a multi-platinum album all because the right person at the right time heard his flow. Keep writing and keep pushing and hopefully somebody will hear your flow.

message 21: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments Deborah wrote: "I am a psychologist by profession and trying not to analyze your words. I'll take them as humorous."

If you're tempted to analyze MY words, you must be a child psychologist!

BTW, 9000 new books a day sounds daunting, but what really scares me is American illiteracy.

Jon

message 22: by Norm (new)

Norm Hamilton (normhamilton) | 153 comments R.E. wrote: "I market for a living and people are lazy, so you have to tell them what to do. People want to be told what to read. The reviews for 50 Shades of Grey are awful...but people still read it because the world told them too. You have to market your book to a small group of people with power and influence, and others will read it because they will follow the leader."

My book, CAUSATUM: The Agreement is scheduled for release in early November. It is a story of a dystopic Canadian society following some failed international agreements that began in 2012.

A fellow writer told me to market it to politicians and leaders of community groups that monitor the current government because if I can get a couple of them on board, their followers will likely buy as well. So that fits with what you are saying. :-)

Norm

message 23: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Jon wrote: "Deborah wrote: "I am a psychologist by profession and trying not to analyze your words. I'll take them as humorous."

If you're tempted to analyze MY words, you must be a child psychologist!

BTW, ..."
I love your humor. And yes, illiteracy scares me as well.

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments R.E,
Thanks for the advice. It is a good reminder for me. I worked hard to sell the non-fiction book when it came out in 2004 and it did well. I do not have that kind of time or energy today and have delegated the work to others but really the author is the one who needs to sell it. And, you are so right about someone with influence endorsing the book or telling people to read it. The comparison to the hip hop artist is a good one. Thanks so much!

message 25: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments I am told by a person of influence to adopt the goal of 1,000 fans. Not "friends" or "followers", but one thousand bona fide, hard core, panty throwing, borderline psychotic disciples who will buy anything you touch, violate a restraining order, or drive 12 hours through Little Rock for a book signing at the Wynn Dixie where they can settle a bet about the color of your shorts. FANS. Think Kathy Bates.

With a thousand fans, you can make a living as a writer/author. I am supposed to garner the throng before "Dream Talker" comes out. Here's my plan:

1. I'm putting three books into the KDP Select program. That wailing noise is totally unnecessary. I'm fully aware of the shortcomings of KDP Select, but my current stable of books aren't doing much more than financing the down payment on a bi-monthly Coors, so I have nothing to lose.

2. Starting September 14th, selected books will be available for free download throughout the day. Two weeks later, I'll offer another book for a day. I'll continue the 24-hour FreeBiePalooza every other week until I run out of giveaways or score a thousand on the Whack-a-Fan,

3. During the two weeks leading up to each FreeBiePalooza, I'll shake the hornet's nest through GR forums, Facebook, spam, newspaper announcements, and hanging handwritten signs on the inside of the Piggly Wiggly's picture window. You know - Gorilla Marketing.

The first FreeBiePalooza is a week from Saturday, September 14th, for 24 hours ONLY. Kindle users can get their own copy of "The Incredibly Normal Adventures of RoosterBoots", a collection of amusing anectdotes, short stories, and letters of complaint...classy bedtime tales for biker trash and their loved ones.

In exchange, I will ask for nothing but their eternal loyalty.

Effective? Maybe.
Lame? Sure!
Insane? Why do you ask? Look at me when I'm talking to you!

message 26: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments Jon wrote: "I am told by a person of influence to adopt the goal of 1,000 fans. Not "friends" or "followers", but one thousand bona fide, hard core, panty throwing, borderline psychotic disciples who will buy..."

Good luck with that.

Continual air of severe depression here. Despite significant effort with paid adds, book daily, twitter this morning I had no sales at all on my third book, which is astonishingly expensive at 99c. Mind you I had less than 100 downloads when it was free. I'm thinking of skywriting or a suicidal leap from a tall building trailing a banner. Maybe an assassination attempt on someone at Random House. Anything that might get someone anyone to look at my third book.

Books one and two are ticking over. Three nothing. Maybe it's the genre. If I call it a romance or a zombie story might it get attention. Maybe my lead character is really a vampire. Perhaps I should call it YA. Maybe a hunger strike outside the reception of the BBC. I know I'll announce I'm Snowden's and Manning's chief co-conspirator and my book contains coded messages on PRISM and the defined proof that Elvis is still alive.

Alternatively I'll stop writing rubbish in forums and get back to writing rubbish in the hope that Book 4 does a little better.

Where's the shredder?

message 27: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments Not knowing anything else about the book, I'm a little put off by the "fire sale" price. In my little world, the third book should Kindle out at 4.99 or so, the price hinting at the treasures to be found within its pages.

Alternatively, book #2 might seriously suck.

Cheap tricks like the suicide free-fall ad work best when it only appears to be a suicide. I recommend sending your best friend on a trip to Bolivia - after juicing him with Rohypnol and emptying his bank account. Then, do a Maxwell Silver Hammer on someone your buddy can't stand, tie them to the banner with "I Love Your Books, Philip" and hurl them from the top of the Eiffel Tower. They're dead, your buddy gets the blame, and book sales soar!! Win-win-win!

OK, technically it's a win-lose-win.

Jon

message 28: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments Jon wrote: "Not knowing anything else about the book, I'm a little put off by the "fire sale" price. In my little world, the third book should Kindle out at 4.99 or so, the price hinting at the treasures to b..."

Like the Eiffel tower plan, now to select a target....

message 29: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments On another note, one of my on-going projects is a sci fi novel. I was thinking of publishing the first chapter for free on my blog. Has anyone used that technique to drive interest and critiques?

message 30: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments I sent fifty pages and fifty dollars to Barbara Rogan for a sample critique. She pulled my head off, turned it around, and popped it back on. I write tuns gooder now, cerealously.

Wife ("She Whose Voice Must Be Obeyed") chimes in:
*** Is breakfast ready yet, Worm? Tell that Limey that I read stuff all the time but I won't touch a sample chapter. You call this BACON?! Get outa my sight! ***

I should point out a technique I saw at a Walmart last Fall. An author took his first three chapters and made a separate sample book out of them, complete with cover art, bio, directions on how to buy the full book, etc. He gave them away at the front door. Good visual, good visceral impressions.

message 31: by Devorah (new)

Devorah Fox (devorahfox) Jon wrote: "I am told by a person of influence to adopt the goal of 1,000 fans. Not "friends" or "followers", but one thousand bona fide, hard core, panty throwing, borderline psychotic disciples who will buy..."

Jon, I believe you're right about the required evangelistic fans. I'm stealing your biz plan. I'll wait til yours has run to avoid fights breaking out amongst our rabid fans at that Winn Dixie.

message 32: by J. (new)

J. (jguenther) | 128 comments Jon wrote: "should point out a technique I saw at a Walmart last Fall. An author took his first three chapters and made a separate sample book out of them, complete with cover art, bio, directions on how to buy the full book, etc. He gave them away at the front door. Good visual, good visceral impressions..."

But did it work?

message 33: by J. (new)

J. (jguenther) | 128 comments Philip wrote: "On another note, one of my on-going projects is a sci fi novel. I was thinking of publishing the first chapter for free on my blog. Has anyone used that technique to drive interest and critiques?"

Yeah, it's been done. But I believe that only continual blogging over a long period of time with dynamite content will create the fan base we're all looking for. Make sure your blog rolls over to your FB page, and various other places, like twitter. Keep putting good stuff up and the mass market gods will smile upon you.

message 34: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments J. wrote: "Philip wrote: "On another note, one of my on-going projects is a sci fi novel. I was thinking of publishing the first chapter for free on my blog. Has anyone used that technique to drive interest..."

I have that set up but I don't think I have enough followers - anywhere. I am very disappointed with third book despite my marketing efforts still no sales and not even a lot of free downloads. One Amazon 4 star review. Have a paperback version ready to go but can see little point in publishing it. Just more costs.

Back to other projects...

message 35: by J. (new)

J. (jguenther) | 128 comments Philip wrote: "I don't think I have enough followers - anywhere. I am very disappointed with third book..."

Sorry to hear it, Philip. Do not give up. But do prioritize: put your efforts where you think they'll pay off best. [Not necessarily fastest--a blog is a long view project.] Good luck!

message 36: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments J. wrote: "Philip wrote: "I don't think I have enough followers - anywhere. I am very disappointed with third book..."

Sorry to hear it, Philip. Do not give up. But do prioritize: put your efforts where you ..."

Thank you for the encouragement. I may just have to accept that the book doesn't appeal. At least my second it ticking over and even my first has occasional sales. SO back to my next offering, a sequel to the first, a new sci-fi and maybe a sequel to the second if I have enough to tell! Some short stories then home in time for tea! Damn forgot my tale of revolution and another thing I've been fiddling with. I'm supposed to have a job as well.

message 37: by Eden (new)

Eden Glenn (edenglenn) | 2 comments I love the discussion. My 1.23 cents worth. What sells books? Cover, Blurb and price.

I'm with an indy publisher. We have a genius for a graphic artist so I have fantastic covers. The price always depends on word count. I try to write a bang up job on the blurb.

I've had a lot of success cross blogging "author spotlights" with other authors in my genre'. Good luck. I don't think there is any magic bullet in this era of mass electronic publication. I haven't found anyone too interested in my ability to give them an electronic autograph.

Consider where your target audience is when they are not reading. Go there? Advertise there? Yes, I am all on board with the "tell two friends" concept. Multi level marketing adapted to literacy.

This is far from the voice of experience. I only have 6 or 7 novellettes out there. "Beverly's Secret" did wonderful. The one after it "Dragon's Unbound" seems to be hanging in invisible limbo.

Eden Glenn
Erotic Romance Author
www.edenglenn.com

message 38: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments J. wrote: "Jon wrote: "should point out a technique I saw at a Walmart last Fall."...but did it work?"

I didn't buy the book because it wasn't my genre. It stuck in my memory. I don't remember anything about the last web-based book ad, though.

On social media, you usually only experience a visual approach (and rarely, an auditory one). My theory regarding the booklet is that it's easier to remember because it appealed visually as well as viscerally - you could SEE and FEEL it.

A cheaper approach might be to hand out bookmarks at local coffee houses, but those people are hooligans.

message 39: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Amato (authorcarmenamato) | 73 comments Philip wrote: "On another note, one of my on-going projects is a sci fi novel. I was thinking of publishing the first chapter for free on my blog. Has anyone used that technique to drive interest and critiques?"

I have the first chapter of all my books on my website. They occasionally get pinged and I think it is good to give readers a taste of what sort of book they can expect if they buy.

message 40: by Harry (new)

Harry Toews | 4 comments Great new promotional tool for authors, check it out! www.authortrade.com If you're serious about the success of your ebook, don't let this one pass you by. For a limited time, sign up and get a 1 week FREE trial.

Best

Harry Toews

message 41: by J. (new)

J. (jguenther) | 128 comments Carmen wrote: "I have the first chapter of all my books on my website. They occasionally get pinged and I think it is good to give readers a taste of what sort of book they can expect if they buy..."

Sounds good to me. Little risk. I don't know if I'd upload exactly one chapter. I'd find a really exciting place to end the upload--a teaser, leaving the reader hanging, wanting, dying to find out what happens. So many new writers end a chapter at the logical point, instead of the page-turner alternative.

For example, don't start a chapter with the prot going somewhere and end it when he gets back. That's pointless. Begin it with him already at his destination, get him in big, big trouble, then end the chapter.

"Art is knowing when to st...." --Damson Greengage Satsuma

message 42: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments Carmen wrote: "Philip wrote: "On another note, one of my on-going projects is a sci fi novel. I was thinking of publishing the first chapter for free on my blog. Has anyone used that technique to drive interest..."

Thanks for the tip, my current books all have click inside enabled on Amazon. For the Sci Fi I have decided on a slightly different route which can be checked out at

http://intergeoserv.wordpress.com/

Starting the story with a back story

message 43: by Mellie (new)

Mellie (mellie42) | 618 comments Philip - series are tricky, and have a slow drop off in sales. Book 1 will always sell the best, then you hope *most* readers will then pick up book 2. By book 3 there will be another drop off.

Most authors with series tend to go perma-free with book 1, then market subsequent books around $3.99. You cannot expect a reader to pick up & read book 3 and then go back for 1 & 2.

Also, it obviously depends on trends and what is hot at the moment. If you really want serious sales (in excess of 5,000/week) and a spot in the Top 100 overall at Amazon, then write a dark contemp NA romance! lol

Personally I use Wattpad to post samples of my work, as it generates more traffic than a blog. Wattpad also has a social aspect and allows you to build followers and interact with readers. You can also link FB/Twitter and have buy links to Amazon.

message 44: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments A.W. wrote: "Philip - series are tricky, and have a slow drop off in sales. Book 1 will always sell the best, then you hope *most* readers will then pick up book 2. By book 3 there will be another drop off.

Mo..."

Thanks for the reply, I have briefly looked at Wattpad but not gone there yet.

message 45: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments I had heard just the opposite...that the best way to sell more of your books was to write others that your readers would like. I have two cozy mysteries with some of the same characters but they are stand alone. I am experiencing far less sales with the second one and I believe it is because people do think they have to read the first one before they read the first one.

message 46: by Jane (new)

Jane Yates (ohsomebody) virtual eBook signing ... golly,,, wow
i am a newbe at this whole book promotion, what a FAB idea. thank you for your informative post i will try and do that

message 47: by C.V. (new)

C.V. Dreesman (cvdreesman) | 2 comments Garry wrote: "Hi Deborah,
If you have good exposure on FB with a decent number of likes why not consider a virtual eBook signing (if you have an eBook also). We have many authors using Autography to sign their e..."

I have heard some good things about Autography too...maybe I'll give it a try too.

message 48: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Bussey (dlplummer) | 23 comments Will check it out. Thanks

message 49: by Marshall (new)

Marshall Best | 17 comments Garry wrote: "Hi Deborah,

Garry,
Will check it out! Sounds like a good idea. Do you have a twitter profile I could follow?

message 50: by Marshall (new)

Marshall Best | 17 comments Norm wrote: "Hi Deborah.

Norm,
I hadn't heard this about Amazon Canada. I checked and all of my books are available and I also published with CreateSpace. Do they treat you differently since you are publishing with CreateSpace from Canada? I think I'd check on that further.

« previous 1