Gone (Gone, #1) Gone discussion

Gone is becoming a tv show!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael On wikepedia it says that it will become a tv show.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

whaaaaaa omg

message 3: by Michael (last edited Sep 02, 2013 08:40AM) (new)

Arden that...kinda scares me....come on guys! think about what was in all 6 of those books! i'm sure you could come up with some particularly gruesome moments...

but still pretty cool if its actually true.....

*ik its online but Wikipedias not always the best and who knows if they even decide to go through with, sony could always drop the project or something..so far they only have rights*

notyourfriend Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlantic Gem Ehh... I'm skeptical.

notyourfriend Celticgirl wrote: "Ehh... I'm skeptical."

Why so?

Patricia Kaniasty Should be interesting to say the least. We will see.

notyourfriend I hope they pick a good cast....

Patricia Kaniasty It will probably be all newbies.

notyourfriend As long as they look and act good, I won't mind.

message 12: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby S. Umm... that should be interesting...

Atlantic Gem Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Celticgirl wrote: "Ehh... I'm skeptical."

Why so?"

I don't exactly trust Wikipedia.

notyourfriend Atlantic Gem wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Celticgirl wrote: "Ehh... I'm skeptical."

Why so?"

I don't exactly trust Wikipedia."

Oh, well, there is still the official link saying its true...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

WHAT!?

notyourfriend What what?

Blogger Girl IS IT REALLY???

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

If what it says on Wikipedia is right then it's good news but don't get to excited as it's only got the rights to make this a TV series. Look at the book Delirium by Lauren Oliver that series was meant to become a TV series as well and it got the rights, it was set to star Emma Roberts as Lena, everyone got excited and then it got cancelled. A lot of books I have read the author as posted something on their website that says the book they wrote has the rights to a movie/TV series and of course then loads of people get really excited but I have to say most get the rights and then they never make them.

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ I don't want Gone to become a TV series! It will probably creep me out, even though I love the books.

message 20: by Evie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Evie NO! Just. No.

Akeylah seriously????im psyched

message 22: by Evie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Evie I'm just worried that the T.V show is going to be bad and that it will make people dislike the book :/

message 23: by Cassidy (last edited Sep 27, 2013 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cassidy Evie wrote: "I'm just worried that the T.V show is going to be bad and that it will make people dislike the book :/"

Yeah, exactly. Everyone's gonna end up hating it. Its not fair because you can NEVER judge a book by its movie, or in this case, TV show!

message 24: by Ms. (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ms. Anderson Hmm...this MIGHT be interesting. I'll give it a shot...

Jonathon I would dedicate myself to this show only if it stayed true to the feeling of the books. These books were just too huge to include every little thing so I wouldn't mind minor plot differences but the deep emotional scars have to be there. I agree that some of the scenes couldn't be shown on television directly, but there are ways around that.
As for the cast, I would like a bunch of newbies who can act well. It would be really cool if they could get the people from the covers of the books to do it. That would be epic.

Maxine You know they're going to cut/add/change scenes/characters.
I'd rather it stay a book than they ruin it. Plus we all know a couple of fans are going to be ranting and raving because they don't look young enough, or because the ugly character they like isn't unbelievably hot or because they wanted someone else to play this character.

Too much trouble if you ask me.

Jacob Delong AHHHH i can't wait its going to be so good :D

notyourfriend Maxine wrote: "You know they're going to cut/add/change scenes/characters.
I'd rather it stay a book than they ruin it. Plus we all know a couple of fans are going to be ranting and raving because they don't loo..."

It should be interesting.... Though I agree, MOST likely they will mess up the whole thing....

Kayla Why are they making a TV show out of it?? Shouldn't they make movies for each of the books??? That's what I believe.
But then again, having a movie about each book, it might not be suitable for some people because of the large gruesome scenes present, so by having a tv show, you get a bit of gruesome each episode.
Hopefully, it is a good TV show, so I will be hooked the whole time, because I am a major fan of the books and I really don't want them to ruin it.
Besides, by making a tv show, won't it run in correspondence with the show Under the Dome? because I watched the first episode of that and guessed what would happen because it reminds me of the Gone series.

Maxine Kayla wrote: "Why are they making a TV show out of it?? Shouldn't they make movies for each of the books??? That's what I believe.
But then again, having a movie about each book, it might not be suitable for so..."

Actually a TV show would be better because they could have more in a TV series. a film would definitly cut loads.

Matthew Femia I really hope it lives up to how good 'Gone' really is.

Blogger Girl Maxine wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Why are they making a TV show out of it?? Shouldn't they make movies for each of the books??? That's what I believe.
But then again, having a movie about each book, it might not be s..."

yeah and not the percy jackson movie which was not BASED on the book. well for the most part

Collette Skroch I saw this and I actually gasped. I was like just scrolling through the page looking at nothin not a care in the world and I see, GONE IS GOING TO BE A TV SHOW. I am very happy

5ma_chenhao WAIT REALLY WHAT ;O its gonna be a gruesome movie o-o

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

what, when, who, how, HELP xxxxxx

Meghan Radigan When is it going to air??????

Jessica O'Brien holy crap that is amazing! These books were literally one of my favorite series! Even though there were some really gruesome parts... do you know when or what channel???

message 38: by Kaelyn (new) - added it

Kaelyn ummmmm......i don't trust wikipedia

message 39: by Astrid (new) - added it

Astrid Sparks Oh my goooood! Yes!!

Maricris We better hope it's TRUE!

Maricris Maxine wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Why are they making a TV show out of it?? Shouldn't they make movies for each of the books??? That's what I believe.
But then again, having a movie about each book, it might not be s..."

i agree! GONE Series really do fit for a TV Show than a movie.

Kayla Maricris wrote: "Maxine wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Why are they making a TV show out of it?? Shouldn't they make movies for each of the books??? That's what I believe.
But then again, having a movie about each book, it..."

I agree with that now, because thinking back to all the parts of the book and majority of it is very very gruesome. So, I have two questions:
1. If it was to become a movie,including all the books, what would it be rated?
2. if it became a tv show, including all the books, what would it be rated and what time would the show be on?
This is just what I thought, because I have a feeling that it would be rated pretty high and they might not have it on tv until probably 11 o'clock or something; around the time little kids go to sleep

Ninja_Narwhal~{Same O'l Popsgrub}~ Its November now. Is it out at all yet? Any more deets.

message 44: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani calm down people. It says Sony Picture Television has the RIGHT to produce Gone as a TV series, not that they've actually made the decision to. It might not even happen.

message 45: by Jacko17 (last edited Nov 12, 2013 03:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacko17 idc what the wiki says IT'S A LIE DAN DAN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN i want it to be a tv sires

Jacko17 Dani wrote: "calm down people. It says Sony Picture Television has the RIGHT to produce Gone as a TV series, not that they've actually made the decision to. It might not even happen."

True