Book Lovers Book Club! discussion

Suggestions Here!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by trav (last edited Sep 02, 2013 08:42AM) (new)

trav This group is open to any suggestions or changes.

Are their any threads you want us to add? More games?
Any challenges you think our group will love?
Any changes our group should have

Please post them here! This group is needed for suggestions!

message 2: by trav (new)

trav Anybody have any suggestions for the group?

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyjams) Maybe we could try setting up debates/polls. Or we could set up a poll asking what kinda stuff we need?

message 4: by trav (new)

trav JazzyJams wrote: "Maybe we could try setting up debates/polls. Or we could set up a poll asking what kinda stuff we need?"

Wow! Creative! Can you give more detail? Like ideas on what should be on this poll?

message 5: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyjams) Lol thanks Hoot! I guess we could try to figure out the main categories for the games we use, like 'list games' (such as change one letter, or word association), or question-answer like games (like TPBM or the corrupt a wish thing) ad we could put up selections like more group reads, or more challenges etc.

message 6: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 17 comments what's happened to the reading challenges?????

message 7: by trav (new)

trav Ruth wrote: "what's happened to the reading challenges?????"

Did you like them?
Please! Post ideas for reading challenges here and I'll take them into consideration!

Please hurry so I can post them fast :)

message 8: by trav (new)

trav Anyone can post ideas for reading challenges..

or any ideas for the group in general here :)

message 9: by Rashmika (new)

Rashmika | 6 comments more games please!! like rate you favourite character, or can we do snog, marry and avoid with characters??

message 10: by trav (new)

trav 0013Rashi wrote: "more games please!! like rate you favourite character, or can we do snog, marry and avoid with characters??"

Can u please explain your games you want to play with the correct titles so I can explain and present correctly to our members? Thanks!

message 11: by Rashmika (new)

Rashmika | 6 comments Hoot wrote: "0013Rashi wrote: "more games please!! like rate you favourite character, or can we do snog, marry and avoid with characters??"

Can u please explain your games you want to play with the correct tit..."

Sorry!!

so, snog, marry and avoid is where you choose three characters from a book/s and you say who would you snog, marry and avoid.

Than you post another three characters below for the next person to write snog, marry, avoid.

for example:

Harry Potter-marry
Ginny weasley-snog
mad eye moody-avoid

then for the next person:

Gandalf
Bilbo
Frodo

message 12: by trav (new)

trav Okay, thanks, but its a bit confusing if you don't know the characters. So they'll be a rule to state the book and it has to be one of the characters of the books that we've read as a group!

What about the other games?

message 13: by Rashmika (new)

Rashmika | 6 comments Hoot wrote: "Okay, thanks, but its a bit confusing if you don't know the characters. So they'll be a rule to state the book and it has to be one of the characters of the books that we've read as a group!

Thanks!!

message 14: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) Can we do something like a Book Sacrifice game? This is where you give people a situation and in order to "survive" the situation is to use a certain kind of book to your advantage, usually a book you don't like very much.
An example, this is one people have done before on Youtube, there's a zombie apocalypse and after many years of research doctors found the cure is to hit them in the head with an over-hyped book, one that everyone said was so good, but you didn't think it was all that great.
Then someone can answer what book they'd use to "save" themselves and give another situation, or each game can just be one situation and everyone gives an answer specifically to that one situation.

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Spratling | 4 comments Can I suggest a reading challenge of 100 Books In A Year.
Maybe for next year (2014).
Rules could be:
-Read 100 books in a year.
-Join at any time in the year.
-Audiobooks accepted.
-Only fiction, no non-fiction.
Then at the end you could discuss the books you have read!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Erica Werewood the Original Prophecy #1 Erica Werewood Trilogy by A L Gray

A reader has compared this to 50 shades - find review on amazon uk
Erica Werewood - The Original Prophecy #1

PLEASE NOTE this is 18+

My first book, released on the 01/01/2014 and it has risen to a 5 star rating already.
paranormal romance and everyone is saying the plot is mind blowing
Buy the ebook for just £1 or the paperback for just £7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Erica-Werewoo...
Quotes fron The Original Prophecy
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...
Preface

I love her...... but,
Can one truly love another, when one does not love one's self?
Can one truly feel emotions for another, when one has never felt a feeling for another before?
Can one change, when one has always been the same?
Can one make her love again, if one has failed her?
Will I be forever cursed with loneliness?
I asked myself these questions in the year 1994 but there was no answer.
I knew I would find love, and her, but, I knew I would not accept either.
The fate of my heart was sealed, but as I lived on, I was a monster, and for my actions in this life, I have forever damned myself to hell on earth for all eternity without the woman I love.

message 17: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Desrochers | 14 comments Hi I need some advice... I read divergent series , Hunger games , Mortal Instrument , beautiful creature , the host but I really love divergent insurgent and allegiant ! Do you have idea of books that I can read in this genre ? Thanks:))

message 18: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 31 comments I should read matched by ally condie

message 19: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 31 comments I meant u should read matched by ally condie.

message 20: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Desrochers | 14 comments Okk thanks a lot :) I need something to read soon:))

message 21: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Desrochers | 14 comments I have an other question..:) Did someone read Eragon and tell me if it is good ? Because I don't know if I should start this...

message 22: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey I'm about half way through Eragon. It's pretty good but so far it is kind of slow. There are parts that are great but then it'll slow down for quite some time. I'm hoping I just havent gotten to the really good stuff cause I bought the whole series. Plus everyone tells me its fantastic.

message 23: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey And a suggestion for the group. If you're going to do monthly reads you need to keep up on the months. No one updated for March. Slightly upsetting.

message 24: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Desrochers | 14 comments Okk thanks:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Divergent

message 26: by Maite (new)

Maite (maitemaciel4) there should be another Pick It for Me challenge

message 27: by Coco (new)

Coco (cocozhang) Another Pick It For Me Challenge!!

message 28: by Abigail (new)

Abigail W | 4 comments Pick it for me challenge :)))

message 29: by Neal (new)

Neal Thakkar (nnt15) | 1 comments I got a hold of the galley of this book and it was the best thriller I have read in years. There is an amazing secret world for the black market for organs that I knew nothing about and the protagonist in this novel explains it all, while racing around the globe trying to prevent a murder and trying to make up for his own sins. Incredible book. Mark it "to read" right now. The Organ Broker