Modern Good Reads discussion

Read For Review (R4R) > R4R: DISCIPLE, gritty fantasy romance novellas

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L. (new)

L. Blankenship To celebrate the release of DISCIPLE, PART III, I would like to offer up to ten copies of all three novellas for review!

DISCIPLE is a gritty fantasy romance, available in Mobi, Epub or PDF.

Part I: Kate needs all her magic to get her companions home alive from the secret mission — even that sour crown prince.

Part II: Kate worked hard to master her healing magic and serve in the front lines of the war. But now she must choose between love and duty.

Part III: When the enemy army thunders at the city walls, Kate must unleash more than her healing powers to defend her homeland.

Three Covers

Samples at my book blog: Part IPart IIPart III

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam Goodno (sam_lafantasie) | 33 comments I'd like to review for you if you are still offering. Please message me for my email. Thanks!

message 3: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) I would like to offer five copies of my novel in exchange for an honest review.
The book title is, 'When the Storm Breaks', published as an ebook on Amazon.

This is the romantic and spellbinding novel of Amber Barrett and Jake Rayburn and the intertwining of their families and friends.

A gypsy’s premonitory prophecy of impending disaster obsesses Amber, and springs to her mind to ruin her happiest moments, reminding her of ‘a path of tears and sorrow’. After the first encounter, Amber chances upon Astrid, the gypsy woman, on three more occasions, but each time Astrid is interrupted and unable to complete her prediction.
One day, while Amber is strolling by herself in the park, she sees the gypsy by pure chance and is curious to know the rest of the prediction. The gypsy studies the lines on Amber’s palm. With a shocked expression in her voice and eyes, she is reluctant to speak, saying she does not know anything more about Amber's future. When Amber insists, Astrid advises her to be be strong and never give up hope for ‘when the storm breaks’. She slips a blue pebble into Amber's hand to help her face the tragedy. Before taking leave of Amber, she tries to console the girl by telling her that at the end, ‘there will be a light’.
At first, Amber worries, but, as time passes, she forgets the gypsy woman, convinced that her mother is right and that the soothsayer cannot predict the future. Moreover, her world is spinning in the right direction.
On her last day of work in Crystal Waters, her happiness is at its peak while she waits for Jake to collect her to take her to his home, according to plan.
Jake does not arrive and her world is shattered when she learns the reason why. She hears the gypsy's warning of the storm breaking.
With a broken heart, she is left to face the final, catastrophic situation.

How does she cope? Find out from the pages of this story, which combines a soothsayer’s prediction and a spiritual experience.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Goodno (sam_lafantasie) | 33 comments I think you're supposed to start your own thread for review requests...I'm not entirely sure though. I could've missed that.

message 5: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) Samantha wrote: "I think you're supposed to start your own thread for review requests...I'm not entirely sure though. I could've missed that."
I'm sure you're right, but I don't know how to go about it. Can someone enlighten me as to where to post to offer free copies in exchange for reviews? Thanks.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam Goodno (sam_lafantasie) | 33 comments I think you go to the main chat for R4R then click add discussion. I know there are directions in the first stream. You should check there. I'd hate for your book to go unnoticed in a thread.

message 7: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) Samantha wrote: "I think you go to the main chat for R4R then click add discussion. I know there are directions in the first stream. You should check there. I'd hate for your book to go unnoticed in a thread."

Thank you Samantha. I'm grateful for your help and I will try your suggestion. I'll let you know if I was able to promote my book correctly for R4R.

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam Goodno (sam_lafantasie) | 33 comments Okay! You're welcome and good luck!

message 9: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) Samantha wrote: "Okay! You're welcome and good luck!"

Thanks for the welcome and good luck. So here's what happened. I clicked on everything that seemed pertinent for my 'how-to-do' but... I didn't get through. It's a new day. I've done my chores, had lunch and I'm sitting before my PC to solve my problems. Unfortunately, there is no young person here to help. However, I'm determined to succeed in finding what I need.