Around the USA in 52 Books discussion

Personal Lists > Julie2014 Road Trip

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 02, 2013 09:16AM) (new)

I'm a little late ,but would like to try this challenge. I just completed my first state/book .

1. Alabama-
2. Alaska-
3. Arizona-
4. Arkansas-
5. California-
6. Colorado-
7. Connecticut-
8. Delaware-
9. Florida-
10. Georgia-
11. Hawaii-
12. Idaho-
13. Illinois-
14. Indiana-
15. Iowa-
16. Kansas-
17. Kentucky-
18. Louisiana-
19. Maine-
20. Maryland-
21. Massachusetts-
22. Michigan-
23. Minnesota-
24. Mississippi-
25. Missouri-
26. Montana-
27. Nebraska-
28. Nevada-
29. New Hampshire-
30. New Jersey-
31. New Mexico-
33. New York -
33. North Carolina-
34. North Dakota-
35. Ohio-
36. Oklahoma-
37. Oregon-
38. Pennsylvania-
39. Rhode Island-
40. South Carolina-
41. South Dakota-
42. Tennessee-
43. Texas-
44. Utah-
45. Vermont-
46. Virginia-
47. Washington -

48. West Virginia- Crapalachia by Scott McClanahan 5/5

49. Wisconsin-
50. Wyoming-
51. District of Columbia-
52. Road Trip-

I'm new to the system, so may take awhile to catch onto things . Just learning .

message 2: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Welcome, Julie. It does take a while to get familiar with the goodreads site. And you aren't late at all - several of us are probably going to take the challenge into 2014. We keep getting sidetracked by other books :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 02, 2013 08:17AM) (new)

Thanks for the welcome , Jayme .

I didn't really see an ending date ,and it seemed that there are others still posting ,so maybe this will be a long running challenge . That'd be best for me ,too, as I also get easily distracted by other books .
How many states do you have done so far ?

message 4: by Jayme (new)

Jayme I have completed 39/52, but the rest of the year is going to be a slow go with school starting tomorrow (120 students tend to take up a lot of time).

Check out other people's lists to get some great ideas on what to read for different states. I have read several great American classics because of this challenge that I some how never got around to reading.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds great. Thanks for the ideas on how to find books that will fit for each state . I'm hoping to find most of the ones I'll need already on my Kindle .

That's exciting that you are a teacher. What grade /subject , do you teach ? Very rewarding career ,isn't it ?

message 6: by Louise (new)

Louise | 89 comments I've completely given up finishing the challenge this year, maybe 6 challenges was too much.. :-) So I'm on for 2014 as well!
I've found some cool, free books for this challenge among the Gutenberg e-books - I can recommend authors like Charles Dudley Warner, and books like Carolina Chansons and Land of the Burnt Thigh