Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

2 ضباط
This topic is about 2 ضباط
Book Issues > Book Title Issue - Text Direction

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nada Sobhi (nadaadelsobhi) | 15 comments I am having a problem with the name of this book. It is in Arabic, which is written from right to left, however the numbering is still in English. When typing the name of the book it looks like "2 ضباط" when it the 2 should be on the right not the left.
I asked the writer to fill in the ISBN number so people can find the book better, but still despite our best attempts yesterday we couldn't rename the book correctly.

We also created a second version of it in an attempt to fix the name but were unsuccessful.

(The title currently reads 'Officers 2' not '2 Officers').

Help?

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments It treats numbers differently to letters. "ضباط x" is accepted but if I try to add " 2" on the end I get "ضباط 2" and " -2" gives me "ضباط -2", reversing the character sequence I actually typed.

message 3: by Dokusha (new)

Dokusha | 141 comments Fixed it.

message 4: by Dokusha (new)

Dokusha | 141 comments Didn't after all ... it looked good when I typed it, but was reverted when I saved.

message 5: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments On the Goodreads app on my nook tablet it actually shows the 2 on the end of the title with the space still at the beginning.

Nada Sobhi (nadaadelsobhi) | 15 comments Dokusha wrote: "Didn't after all ... it looked good when I typed it, but was reverted when I saved."

We had that problem yesterday. It appears to be fixed then on refresh it goes back.

Weird huh?

Nada Sobhi (nadaadelsobhi) | 15 comments Banjomike wrote: "On the Goodreads app on my nook tablet it actually shows the 2 on the end of the title with the space still at the beginning."

Does it show the 2 on the right or the left? It should be on the right.

Nada Sobhi (nadaadelsobhi) | 15 comments Dokusha wrote: "Didn't after all ... it looked good when I typed it, but was reverted when I saved."

There is also a problem with the book that some of the ratings aren't showing. The writer/author has to approve them or something. He sees them for example 14 on the author's page but on the book's page he finds 12 or 13. So what's with that??

message 9: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Nada wrote: "There is also a problem with the book that some of the ratings aren't showing. The writer/author has to approve them or something. He sees them for example 14 on the author's page but on the book's page he finds 12 or 13. So what's with that?? "

I see 14.

message 10: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Nada wrote: "Banjomike wrote: "On the Goodreads app on my nook tablet it actually shows the 2 on the end of the title with the space still at the beginning."

Does it show the 2 on the right or the left? It sho..."

The 2 sits on the right-hand end of the text (no space), with the space I typed at the start of the word.

message 11: by Nada (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nada Sobhi (nadaadelsobhi) | 15 comments Banjomike wrote: "Nada wrote: "Banjomike wrote: "On the Goodreads app on my nook tablet it actually shows the 2 on the end of the title with the space still at the beginning."

Does it show the 2 on the right or the..."

I think that's fixed it. I can see it written correctly on my list now. If there's anything else I'll let you know or get the author to contact you here.

Thanks a ton :)

Essam Youssef | 11 comments hi there, the problem is not fixed.
I see the ratings 16 on the side but when I go to the novel I find it 14. I have to go to editing and change the name so the ratings appear.

Essam Youssef | 11 comments Even though still some ratings don't appear every time I check, very annoying process, and I don't want readers to think I have any hand in this :(

message 14: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Essam wrote: "Even though still some ratings don't appear every time I check, very annoying process, and I don't want readers to think I have any hand in this :("

Don't worry about that. If something is wrong then you should chase it.

I see 16 ratings and 10 reviews and the graphs on the bookpage now show 16.

Essam Youssef | 11 comments True, next time I won't fix it the way I do every time and wait for your feedback, thank you :)

Essam Youssef | 11 comments here we go, 17 on the side and 16 on the page :)

Essam Youssef | 11 comments and 10 reviews on the side while 11 on the page

Essam Youssef | 11 comments I know how to fix but would this be the case every time?

Essam Youssef | 11 comments I'll fix it, I want to read the review.

Essam Youssef | 11 comments I read the review, but definitely there is something wrong

Essam Youssef | 11 comments I REALLY NEED THIS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10805 comments The reviews on the book page have a heavy cache, so it takes some time before a new review will be visible.
I have refreshed the stats of this book, so that should now be correct.

Essam Youssef | 11 comments It is not fixed. I guess it has to do with the number written in arabic.
rated by 37 and on the side by 39

Essam Youssef | 11 comments sorry I meant 27 and 29

message 25: by Ebrahim (new)

Ebrahim (_ebi) | 1 comments Hello everyone
In CSS you need just add this:
direction: rtl;
If goodread can add a simple button in text input for switching between LTR and RTL , everything could be OK.
this is so easy but very important for members who write in right to left.
thank you for your helping...