Indie and Proud discussion

Promotion Help > Promotional ideas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hayley | 2 comments Hello everyone, we are new to this group, but glad we found it. We are an indie author pair who just released our first book in July and are preparing to release our second in the fall. Our first book has gotten fantastic reviews, but we need a way to spread the word. We currently have a blog tour scheduled for November. We have also had several bloggers/reviewers review it, and they all gave it four and five stars. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Pieces of Perfect by Elizabeth Hayley

message 2: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Childers (tjchilders) | 3 comments FIrst, congratulations on the great reviews!
This might be complete crap advice but you can always commission a little comic to be given away for free with some backstory or character development. Link your book and give it away. There are always Facebook and Twitter to help spread the word of your book.

Second, how did you arrange your blog tour/ what does it consist of? It's something I've always wanted to get into and have no idea what to write about.

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Lane | 2 comments Congratulations on your release!I can't wait to read it!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth this is wonderful :) I'm also part of a writing team so if you ever want to chat about that let me know. As far as promoting, I can set you up with a read to review in our group. Read to reviews helped a lot when we released Anomaly. If you're interested send me a message. I'll keep you posted if I think of anything else. Blog tour is also a great way to get the book out there and you've already got that so you're off to a good start :)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen | 7 comments I write cozy mysteries about RV camping and have been trying to find a (cheap!)way to reach the huge community of RVers. Forums are out because most don't allow promotion or advertising. Recently, I have been contacting online news letters and gotten much better reception. A couple have added my books to their book links on their web sites and one included a full description and bio. This week I got an email from one who has always wanted to add a mystery spoof serial story to his newsletter, about 900 words a week and wanted me to write it with him. I am really excited about this b/c he will promote my books also. Not an idea I ever would have thought of!