What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Picture book about a cat /s

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) I'm looking for a book read in the mid-80s, it might have been a 70s or 80s publication. It was a picture book with lovely illustrations, about a child/children visiting an aunt's home. The aunt may have been an artist, and she has a fat cat. I think it ends with them finding the cat has had kittens on the aunt's bed. I had borrowed it for my children from the British Council library, so it is definitely a UK publication.

message 3: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) No, not this, but thanks, Tab!

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Remember to bump this about once a month Harini. That way, people can keep reading and thinking about this and maybe someone will ID it. And I NEED this book for my "books about cats" shelf.

message 5: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) Any suggestions, people? Still looking!

message 6: by Tab (last edited Oct 05, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments Aunt Nina And Her Nephews And Nieces Aunt Nina And Her Nephews And Nieces by Franz Brandenberg maybe? It was published in 1983

Here's a description:
Aunt Nina invites her six nieces and nephews to celebrate Fluffy the cat's birthday. They have a wonderful time searching for Fluffy, and when they find her there is a surprise for everyone.

I also think it's the above b/c in the next Aunt Nina book, she is described as having 6 kittens (Aunt Nina's Visit for reference)

message 7: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) This looks like it! And I see it's available on Amazon, what luck! Thanks a million, Tab!

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Do you want to move this to solved Harini or wait til you get a copy of the book?

message 9: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) I'm 95% sure it's the book. How does one move it to solved? Hope you enjoy it too, Ann!

message 10: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments you're welcome:) enjoy