Indie Book Club discussion

Book of the Month: Other > Nominate books for September 2013: Historical

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 631 comments Mod
A book must be seconded to be included in the poll. I'm hoping to get the poll up as soon as possible (nominations will close at the end of the 4th, so I'll put the poll up on the morning of the 5th) so get cracking.

Incidentally, although this is run along democratic lines I do reserve the right to become a dictator if lots of people join the group specifically to vote for a single book or genre. That's against the spirit (and the letter, now that I've checked) of the rules.

Rules are as follows:

1. Books must be available in ebook format or author willing to provide a digital copy to anyone who wants to participate.

2. Books must be available through at least one major retailer (Amazon, B&N, or Smashwords) or author is willing to provide a copy to anyone who wants to participate.

3. Self nominations are welcome, provided you have at least 10 non self promotion posts in the club.

4. All books must receive a second to be included in the poll.

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments Alexandra nominated Freya 800 AD on the other thread, which I'd like to second.

I'd like to nominate Living through Hope!, which is set mainly in my native Black Country!

message 3: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Oh sorry, ill today and have no working brain.

I will second it.

message 4: by Thaddeus (new)

I hope your pestilence is mild, and you recover soon, Alexandra.

Thanks to both of you for those nominations. If anyone wants to make further nominations, there's plenty of time to do so, and the more the merrier.

message 5: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Haha:)

message 6: by Thaddeus (new)

The poll is now up!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/9...

Incidentally, I had to change the start date to yesterday to enable voting now. Not had that problem before. I'm guessing it's because of timezone differences between the UK and US. Voting ends on the 7th, so do get cracking.