Readers Against Prejudice and Racism discussion

Monthly Book Discussions > September Young Adult Book 2013 Discussion: The Awakening by Kate Chopin

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 688 comments Mod
Hey everyone! This month's winner for the September monthly young adult read is The Awakening by Kate Chopin by Kate Chopin. Please feel free to discuss about what you loved or hated about this book!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 101 comments My honest opinion: I really disliked this book. It's supposed to be feminist, but I feel that the main character doesn't show very well what feminism embodies, the freedom and the empowerment to make choices for ones' life. She basically drifts and complains about her life the whole book. Her final act is a choice, but it's sort of a cop-out more than a definitive choice in my opinion.

message 3: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress wrote: "My honest opinion: I really disliked this book. It's supposed to be feminist, but I feel that the main character doesn't show very well what feminism embodies, the freedom and the empowerment to ma..."

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this book, so hopefully I'll check it out, but it does seem like a controversial book to read through.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 101 comments I'd be curious to see what you think of it.

message 5: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress wrote: "I'd be curious to see what you think of it."

Alright! :D

Readers Against Prejudice and Racism

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Awakening (other topics)