Teen Help and Support discussion

Help > Get Advice

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I think there are too many different categories personal problems can go under. Just come here, tell us your problem, and get some advice.

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (AfterSparkEcho) My best friend and I used to be close. But then this other girl came along. And yea. We hung out a bit but after a while I didn't like her much anymore. She would always hit me and stuff and make up sh*t (sorry). So then it was just me and my best friend again.
But then my best friend starting hanging out with the other girl and they got close.
I confronted them, as my friends say it would help. But the other girl just made up sh*t (sorry again) and went on with their lives. She insulted me and my family and my best friend actually backed her up.

From then on its been me and my best friend, and my best friend and the other girl. We both hate each other, even though I try to be nice, she doesn't at all.

This year until the summer, I barely hung out with my best friend bc the other girl was being a b*tch (sorry) and yea.

It's been hard. People tell me to move on but I can't because she's my best friend. I've never really had a best friend before I met her in grade six. She's the only one who knows almost all my secrets. She knows me. It's just hard to start that all over. It's not fair.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so sorry :( I know how that feels. The same sort of thing happened to me.
I'm not going to tell you to move on, because that's hard and you can't just do that. I think the best thing right now is just to give it time. Either your friend will come to her senses are realize what she's done, or you'll be ready to move on.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 20 comments ok really, what kind of a best friend does that? You guys have been friends for a while, yet ur "best-friend" defends the other girl.

I say get some revenge.... BUT i know, i know im not supposed to say that.

Really, just try to find other friends and try to forget about ur friend. If it seem that ur friend doenst care about you anymore, then why shud you be the one who is suffering? Im not sying MOVE ON... im saying TRY TO move on.

If it looks like ur friend has, then you shud too. Yes she was ur best friend, once upon a time, so u have lot of memories and stuff.... but at least you had the good memories.

If she took th other girl's side, then she isnt ur friend. I think you should find someone who WILL tke UR side. sure they may be hard to find, but hey there are soooo many people.

message 5: by Rachel (last edited Sep 07, 2013 03:36PM) (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Aw I'm sorry Kirsten.

I see two things that you could do.

1). I know you don't want to, but the longer that you hold on to this hurt, the harder it will be to let go and find new friends. I know it hurts when you lose a friend, but just think of the other people you could befriend!

2). You could confront your best friend. Tell her how you feel. Tell her that you miss her and you don't want to lose your friendship because it means so much to you.

I did this ^^ with my friend last year when she befriended this girl who I really didn't like. Ever since, my BF and I have become closer once again.

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Sep 07, 2013 03:39PM) (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) This friend seems to be in what I call "the friendship bliss." It is when you are in a new friendship with someone and it makes you ignorant of others around you. Unfortunately I was that girl once. I regret it because it made me more distant with my old best friend. And it separated my new BF with her old BF. It was horrible and I felt bad. Once we came to our senses, we decided to stay friends but also become better friends to the others that we unintentionally hurt.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

My friend's going through that right now too. She's only got so much room for close friends, apparently, and I didn't make the cut :/

Those are both great suggestions, Rachel!

message 8: by Nessa (new)

Nessa | 11 comments As teenagers, we are constantly changing in our personalities and our minds and our values. She has changed and has grown apart from you. Life doesn't wait for you to be ready. It's a river that just sweeps you away. You and her might not be a great fit anymore because you have changed, even if you didn't really notice. But people need people, and it sounds like you need someone right now. I hope I have helped you a bit.
God bless!
Much love!!!