Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

The Bridesmaid (Home to Hickory Hollow, #2)
This topic is about The Bridesmaid
Amish Group Reads > September's Book - The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Please join us this month in reading The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis.

The Bridesmaid (Home to Hickory Hollow, #2) by Beverly Lewis

Joanna Kurtz has made several trips to the altar, but never as a bride. The young Amishwoman is a closet writer whose stories aren't her only secret.

Eben Troyer hopes to make Joanna his bride--if he can ever leave his parents' farm in Shipshewana, Indiana. Yet Eben's hopes to build a life with Joanna hinge on his brother's return from the English world...

Participation in group reads is not mandatory, but we'd love to hear your thoughts if you have read this book! But please refrain from posting spoilers until a little later in the month, so as not to spoil the book for those who are still reading it. If you're worried you might spoil part of the book, feel free to post something like ***SPOILER ALERT*** before your comment.

Kelly (ahousethatreads) I know we are not half way through the month but I finished reading this last week. I really enjoyed it and am hoping to discuss it with you all very soon. :)

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice  (lostfamilies) | 111 comments I have read this one it a good book, i just started her new book The Secret Keeper only just in a couple of chapters, & i hope to just read a bit before going to sleep so it will take me longer
Hugs Janice

Kelly wrote: "I know we are not half way through the month but I finished reading this last week. I really enjoyed it and am hoping to discuss it with you all very soon. :)"

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) I read this book when it first came out and while it's probably one of my least favourite Beverly Lewis novels, there are certainly a lot of interesting aspects of the novel to discuss.

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1090 comments I loved it and hate to see the negative reviews.

message 6: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina I read it a while ago and really enjoyed it. I enjoy all Beverly's books

blessings, Tina

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Natalie wrote: "I loved it and hate to see the negative reviews."

What did you disagree with in the negative reviews, Natalie?

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1090 comments @Rachel: I just wish people wouldn't be so critical of books I like. I suppose I might have to be a little more negative with mine in the future.

Linda I have read all of Beverly Lewis' books. She is one of my favorite authors. I love them all.

message 10: by J.E.B. (last edited Sep 09, 2013 12:00AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

J.E.B. Spredemann (jspredemann) | 166 comments Natalie wrote: "@Rachel: I just wish people wouldn't be so critical of books I like. I suppose I might have to be a little more negative with mine in the future."

Natalie, don't let others' reviews taint your own. Just rate a book the way you honestly feel about it.

For me, the worst thing about receiving a bad rating (and everyone does once in a while) is when readers leave a review that is mean-spirited or condescending. I understand that not everyone is going to like my books or think that I'm the best writer in the world. But if they're going to leave negative comments, it would be nice if they offered CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I was always taught: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Words can be powerful! Your words can brighten someone's day or ruin it.

I think the Bible says it best, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

Blessings!

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1090 comments @J.E.B.: Thanks. The bullying reviews should be more concerning than the people you disagree with me. Maybe they bought the book without knowing they'd hate it. I've done that before.

Heather Literately read this book in 2 sittings! I loved this book and I LOVE the way she writes! This is such a great story, can't wait to read the next one :)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) | 105 comments Just finished reading this book last night and I love it. The ending of the book was perfect.

Kelly (ahousethatreads) I know we read this back in september but have you noticed our discussions dont go very deep about the books just if we liked it or not.. so so I was thinking we could discuss maybe what Ella Mae said in this book "What if we simply made it our herts work to pray more and judge less?"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Bridesmaid (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Beverly Lewis (other topics)