Teen Help and Support discussion

School Problems > Social Problems

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Whether it's friend problems, bully problems, relationship problems, teacher problems, whatever it is, tell us here and get some advice from your fellow members.

message 2: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) This girl I know has personal history that makes a relationship a pretty bad idea, and I think she's in love with me. I'm not exactly sure what to do, because my own past makes me just as vulnerable.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What to do depends on what exactly you mean by her personal history. You don't have to go into details, but if it's things that could be detrimental to you, then you're probably right about pursuing a romantic relationship with her.

message 4: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) She was sexually abused by her father. This can often have two affects, make the girl distrust all men, or latch onto nice people, trying to find someone to protect, and or be there for them. It seems to be the latter.

message 5: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) She's also the stepdaughter of my ma's best friend.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

If that's the case, then maybe you should try being friends first. Get to know her better, see if you'd be ok being in a relationship with her. If you commit right away, and it turns out to be a mistake, then that may hurt her.

message 7: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Not to mention myself. Also, I've known her for quite awhile. I don't really know what would come of a relationship, but I know that nothing lasts forever.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Some things can. The likelihood of you ending up marrying this girl and staying together for the rest of your lives... I'll admit, that's slim. However there's always a chance.

message 9: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) I... I just don't know if I, one, trust myself, and two, trust the situation.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I always hear that trust is everything when it comes to couples. If you're not ready for something serious with this girl, then don't jump into anything.

message 11: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) I trust her, but, I never trust myself for anything. People swear up and down that I'm a really good person, but for some reason I feel like the worst person ever. It's strange.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

It is strange. I've known you for, what? A couple weeks maybe? Granted, I don't know you in RL, but from what I can tell you're a good person.
I think what this comes down to is if you feel ready or not. If you don't trust yourself enough to be un a relationship right now, then tell her that. Communication.

message 13: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Then I'd feel like I was crushing her dreams... Argh, I can't tell what my multiple me's want anymore. They just keep shouting different things, like children of Janus.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to go Disney movie on you and ask you this: what is your heart and your gut telling you to do?

message 15: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) My gut says no. Heart says yes. A third of my different personalities say no, another third says yes, and most of the others say to keep wallowing in self-loathing and not make a decision. One part says kill something, and another, that I'd never listen to, says kill myself.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

If you ever do listen to that part of you that's suicidal, go to your family first. Or come here, if you aren't ready for that.

The part of you that says to continue self-loathing, kick him in the nuts and don't, because you're too awesome for that.

If you want to kill something, get out there and squash a bug, snap a branch, punch a pillow, eat a burger...

Are you and her close friends, do you think?

message 17: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Well, I'm Wiccan, so killing anything is super bad.

I can't kick about thirty billion me's in the nuts. I don't have that many legs.

Too smart for suicide.

We are. I know her biggest trauma, and I felt comfortable enough to tell her mine, and all of my other insanity. *points at multiple Drax's*

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

If you trust her enough to talk with her so openly, then why not talk to her about this?

message 19: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Well, this is a little different, I think. The issue hasn't come up, because she hasn't figured out her own feelings yet, I'm certain.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

How long has she been confused about her feelings for you, do you think? If you think it's worth it, then perhaps waiting for her to sort things out and come to you could be helpful?

message 21: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) I think I'll wait for her to get her own mindset straight, then, and in the meantime, I'll figure out mine. It's a bit weird, since she's latched onto nice guys, as I said. So, my brother was the target of her affection, for awhile. She's enamored with my BFF, sorry if that's girly, but he's the best friend I've had, and now, it seems to be me, who's the most likely to return the affection, seeing as how my brother's twenty, my friend has a girlfriend, and I'm the one giving her the best advice. Not to mention we're only a year apart.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Is she older or younger? Having her be a year older could prove to be a small difficulty.

message 23: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Older, but I don't see it as an issue. Why do you?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I suppose it depends on the two people. From what you've told me, I think that you guys may not have too bad of issues.

message 25: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Hm... Well, since she started school late, we're in the same grade, but she lives in another state, though her stepmom, my mother's best friend, is fighting for full custody, and then she'd live like, five minutes away, instead of two hoursish.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

My fingers are crossed for you! Distance definitely sucks, I can attest to that.

message 27: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) I still have to figure out whether or not I'd even try a relationship. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt too badly.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

It doesn't sound like it would, especially with this particular girl. Have you ever dated before?

message 29: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Not seriously.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a first for everything. To me, she sounds like someone who may be a good serious girlfriend for you. But keep in mind, this is simply from what you've told me.

message 31: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Yeah... I think if it happens, I'll give it a shot. Thanks Nicole.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy to help :)

message 33: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Yay!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I repeat, my fingers are crossed for you. If it does work out, and you need advice on anniversary gifts, etc. etc. feel free to ask!

message 35: by Sam/Applejack♆ (new)

Sam/Applejack♆ | 128 comments Mod
This creepy guy I don't like is completely obsessed/in love with me. :|

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

^Preaching to the choir, sister.

message 37: by Sam/Applejack♆ (new)

I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree.

message 39: by Sam/Applejack♆ (new)

But you said it...?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

?

message 41: by Sam/Applejack♆ (new)

"Preaching to the choir, sister."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooohh, no that means I agree.

message 43: by Sam/Applejack♆ (new)

Ohhh haha whoooops

message 44: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) Sam/Applejack♆ wrote: "This creepy guy I don't like is completely obsessed/in love with me. :|"

ugh. if he's not around you generally, just ignore

message 45: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) help

message 46: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) Veranda Guillen (Oli) wrote: "help"

hi Veranda? What d'you need help with

message 47: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) I really want to talk to someone in my math class tht I'm crushing on, he doesn't even know tht I like him and I've been meaning to tell him, but like everything has been like so messed up lately that like I couldn't get a chance to, even though I know where he hangs out cause I ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLED UPON it when I was coming back from Pe IN The health class room and I was going to my usual spot in the quad.