Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Why don't Petunia and Vernon just divorce?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Some (last edited Sep 01, 2013 08:20PM) (new)

Some Name I mean fat people can't mate with slim people right? Dudley is a crime against nature.

Anna They are both stupid, which makes them a match made in heaven. Birds of a feather flock together. Bullies hang around with other bullies. Where did Dudley learn how to be a bully? From Mummy and Daddy.

If they divorced, they'd just be set loose on two other unfortunate people. What a terrible thing that would be.

message 3: by Some (new)

Some Name Eliza wrote: "They are both stupid, which makes them a match made in heaven. Birds of a feather flock together. Bullies hang around with other bullies. Where did Dudley learn how to be a bully? From Mummy and Da..."

But maybe they won't be as powerful separated.

Anna Maybe. But they aren't exactly powerful, unless you mean in their stupid powers. There will always be people like them, in groups or on their own. I always feel bad that Harry let them walk all over him. The more he let them, the more they would treat him badly. I know they were family, and that they were protecting him, but in my opinion they did a pretty horrid job in protecting him. Family or no, you don't treat people the way they treated Harry.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

First of all, I enjoy how this troll thread became a serious conversation.

I think they're good together. Quite frankly their horrid personalities fit perfectly with each other. Though they were absolutely awful to Harry the entire time, Dudley began to change his mind near the end. Now that is a feat of pure magic!

Nurlely "Some" the new troll.