Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Round 7: September 2013

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 04:29PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments This battle is between Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas & Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers

Please vote for the one you like more if you have read both of them.

Throne of Glass: 4
Grave Mercy: 9

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas <- this is the author!

message 3: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Throne of Glass

message 4: by Kathy (last edited Sep 01, 2013 10:37PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh!! Another hard one! I really liked them both, but I have to go with Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers !! There was politics in both, which I'm not a fan of, but the intrigue and mystery of Grave Mercy had me on the edge of my seat! And Duval made me swoon!!!

Throne of Glass is a close 2nd though! I love a story about a strong girl MC that can really kick butt!! And she really does, the fight scenes are awesome!! I had a hard time picking which guy is my favorite and I'm hoping that in the next book I'm not swayed to the other one! I hate triangles! Most of the time I can never decide which one I like better so I'm always going back and forth! lol! :D

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I can't vote until after I read TOG but I gave Grave Mercy 5 stars so it's going to be difficult to decide....

message 6: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Haylon (completelynicki) | 5 comments Grave Mercy! Plus it's on Libboo, so super easy to snag a free copy.

message 7: by Pukis (new)

Pukis | 1 comments I really liked them both , but will vote for Throne of Glass.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandypoblete) | 6 comments Throne of Glass!!!!! LOVED!

message 9: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments I just finished Grave Mercy and it was spectacular! I will have to wait until I read Throne of Glass to make a decision but it will need to be amazing to beat Grave Mercy!!

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I haven't read either of them. Grave Mercy doesn't sound like a book I might enjoy :/

message 11: by Angela (last edited Sep 04, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

Angela | 17787 comments I haven't read either, but I think I'd like Throne of Glass more. Neither one sounds like my type of book...

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I haven't read either of them. Grave Mercy doesn't sound like a book I might enjoy :/"

and it's HUGE!!! lol I didn't like it the first time I tried. I'm going to take it slow this time. I hear the heroine is pretty kickbutt so I'm looking forward to that :D

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol right? I guess we both are more into contemporary books :D

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Contemporary books are so much better in my opinion.

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments @Trisha ~ I think I won't read it anytime soon. I hope you enjoy it this time :)

@Angela ~ I find it's more relaxing reading contemporary :)

message 16: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Sheehan | 100 comments This was SUCH a hard decision. I thought after reading all of Throne of Glass and about half of Grave Mercy that it would be a no brainer. Throne of Glass hooked me early on and I couldn't put it down. Celaena ended up being one of my favorite female protagonists ever, and the story was so compelling.

Then I started Grave Mercy and I couldn't really get into it for some reason. I thought it started out really slow, but damn, once the story got going, things got crazy. I ended up LOVING Grave Mercy as well. I thought that the ending of it was much better than the ending to Throne of Glass and it even made me cry. Yup, so hard decision.

All that being said I'm gonna have to go with... Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

message 17: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Woah! That sure doesn't look like the author, since I've seen quite a few pictures of her. It's really cool though if it's her :-)

Paulina (The Little Book Pixie) (victoriayork) | 199 comments Grave Mercy all the way

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4438 comments I vote for Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers

message 20: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2849 comments My vote goes to Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers !! I liked it infinitely better than Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

message 21: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well I have to say I did enjoy both books a lot. But I liked Grave Mercy better.

So my vote goes to Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers .

message 22: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments I would have to agree with Becky. Although I enjoyed both....

My vote is for Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers .

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments finished both today.

My vote is Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers

message 24: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hey Gis, I know you're super busy - if you find time can you tally up the votes? I'm really curious what the count is! THANKS!

message 25: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I just counted the votes and it looks like this is the total so far:

TOG 4

GM 8

message 26: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Thanks Jacque!

message 27: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments No problem! :D

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments wow, so it looks like Grave Mercy wins??? :D

message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Sweet!! :D

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yeah I think it did Trisha! Yay! :-)

message 31: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 6 comments Grave mercy