Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Previous BOTM threads > Celestial Beginnings by Rebekah Daniels

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Sep 01, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
And now ... drum roll ... to balance out this months selections your FAB moderators have selected Celestial Beginnings by Rebekah Daniels to be our MOD PICK for September. Blame me, your newest moderator. I have a fetish for anything with wings and twisted Carrie and Gabby's arm. You can find out more about the book here:

Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1) by Rebekah Daniels
Celestial Beginnings

Be sure to check back and share your impressions as you read it!

Content Warning: This book is rated 18+

message 2: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Sep 03, 2013 07:00PM) (new)

Oh ... as an added bonus ... the author has kindly listed this month's MOD PICK for FREE on many distribution platforms Sept 1st and 2nd only!

Celestial Beginnings by Rebekah Daniels (YA)

Sony (US & CA): https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/reb...
Diesel eBookstore: http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW0...
Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/eboo...
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Celestial-Begin...
WHSmith.UK: http://www.whsmith.co.uk/pws/ProductD...
Indigo.CA: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/c...
FNAC.FR: http://www4.fnac.com/livre-numerique/...

Be sure to double-check that it's still listed for free before you download it as the free ebook listing expires September 2nd. Thank you Rebekah Daniels for making this month's MOD PICK available for FREE for a limited time :-)

message 3: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments *smiles* just bought a copy.

message 4: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Yeah ... snagged mine too :-) Don't mind paying for a good book, but when it's already on your e-reader you have no excuse not to read it!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments Just downloaded it and already started reading it. Wow, what a start!

message 6: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Downloaded it and snuck a peek at the first chapter, but have to wait until Thursday before I'll have time to really get into it. Anything with wings usually hooks my interest O:)

angel wings photo: Angel wings Angel-s-Wings-angels-20015876-360-240_zps2c577024.gif

message 7: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 26 comments Everything but Nook! that's ok, I don't mind purchasing. Looks good!

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna (alee89) | 17 comments Can't wait to start reading it! :)

message 9: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Sep 03, 2013 12:24PM) (new)

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) Dale wrote: "Everything but Nook! that's ok, I don't mind purchasing. Looks good!"

FYI, for some reason, not showing up as free on Amazon or Kobo either. But Sony Reader store works, thanks!

message 10: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

@Dale - the Diesel link is still showing up as free ... Diesel carries .epub which is compatible with your Nook. If you don't know how to sideload it onto your Nook, PM me and I'll give you a tutorial.

Oh, well ... freebies never last for long :-) Gotta grab 'em quick while the grabbing is good!

message 11: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (britsbooknook) | 7 comments I got it free on my Kobo today. I actually used my kobo though, I didn't use the link. Cause the link says it's 3.15 but when I used my Kobo ereader it was free.

message 12: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 26 comments Thanks Anna! Just sent you a message so you can 'learn' me. :)

message 13: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

@Dale ... I just emailed you a link to 'How to Sideload an Ebook Onto Your Nook: A Step-by-Step Guide.' That should help you get that free ebook downloaded from Diesel.

It looks like Diesel is the only distributor still listing the book for free. Better grab it quick before they catch up with the rest of the distributors!

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbie_munro) | 424 comments I am now on chapter 8, and I can't put this book down. Really enjoying it so far. Good choice!!!

message 15: by Dina (new)

Dina (sollace) | 15 comments I completely missed out on this cuz I've been so sick. Any other way I can get a copy w/o having to purchase it?

message 16: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

@ Debbie ... glad you're enjoying it!

@ Dina ... sorry ... the last site that had it still listed for free, Diesel, has marked it back up to $2.99. Gotta snag 'em while the snagging's good :-) If you're looking for a free read, perhaps you could find one of the other BOTM's at your local library? Either that, or Carrie's still got a few open R2R's I think.

message 17: by Dina (new)

Dina (sollace) | 15 comments Well even tho I'm low on funds and HATE when I miss out on a freebie, I bought the book. It sounds like something I would really enjoy. :)

message 18: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

I picked up all four ... got this one and Immortal Rules going at the same time. This one was very reasonably priced :-) I love the descriptions of all the back-stabbing immortals 3:-)

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbie_munro) | 424 comments I have just finished and I have to say I absolutely loved it. Thanks for a great BOM.

message 20: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

We have a first winner, Debbie! Glad somebody else shares my fetish for hot angels ;-)

[*now if only I could figure out a way to add more hours to the day for reading...*]

message 21: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbie_munro) | 424 comments I know the feeling. I have been known to wander around the house with kindle in hand ( and I have to bruises to show for it ). Have even tried changing the kids nappies while reading a good bit of a book... Don't try it, it doesn't work, hehe :)

message 22: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

@ Debbie: Have even tried changing the kids nappies while reading a good bit of a book... Don't try it, it doesn't work, hehe...

It doesn't WASH, either...

[*eeewwwwwww*]

I have bruised shins from bumping into things while reading, so I know the feeling.

message 23: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Daniels (rebekahdaniels) | 27 comments Hello everyone! I love reading all the kind words about my book, Celestial Beginnings. Just to let you know, after a couple harsh reviews about the grammar, I sent it to be re-edited. The errors are small and most people get lost in the story too much to notice, but I don't like having anything less than perfect out there for you. It is still available online, but just know that if you see anything, it's getting fixed. Hope you enjoy it! Happy Reading Everyone!!

message 24: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Sep 29, 2013 07:24AM) (new)

Would you like for us to note some of the worst offenders, Rebekah? I'm at about chapter 6 right now and could start taking notes from here. I love the storyline, but there are some things which keep knocking me out of the story. Might be more productive to send them to you in a PM than in a review (though my reviews on freebies are always open for re-evaluation upon receipt of an updated copy).

message 25: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Daniels (rebekahdaniels) | 27 comments Anything helps! Thank you!