Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Previous BOTM threads > The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Sep 01, 2013 06:50PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
The Immortal Rules series by Julie Kagawa has been selected as the Lovers of Paranormal group SERIES for the autumn until we get to the end ... or vote otherwise. Book 1 of the series can be found here:

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa
The Immortal Rules

Rumor has it this book has been acquired by Hollywood to be made into a movie, so beat the buzz and read it before all your friends! And be sure to tell us your thoughts as you read it. Who would you cast for each role if you were the Hollywood producer?

This book is rated appropriate for YA (young adults).

message 2: by Lekeisha (new)

Lekeisha The Booknerd (lekeishathebooknerd) I've had it for months now, but I just haven't had time to read it. I also won a signed copy of it's sequel, The Eternity Cure, from a giveaway. I really need to start reading them soon.

message 3: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Well ... what's stopping you? Brownie points for being first-woman on the scene for the hot new series of the month :-)

message 4: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I have this somewhere...*searches for book* And I'm looking for something to read...sooo, this might be a winner!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 3 comments This is an EPIC series. Love it. SO glad I finally read it. I had read a snippet once and then forgot about it. Once you start you will not put it down! :)
As far as who to cast.. hmmmm I can see Françoise Yip - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948123/
or Jamie Chung http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1512166/

Tough one for her Mentor... and the others.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Rieger Been wanting to read this, so I guess it's next up!

message 7: by Words Travler (new)

Words Travler | 21 comments It's a really good book! ;) I enjoyed it a lot.

message 8: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (britsbooknook) | 7 comments This book was my second favourite book of 2012, the first being Cinder. But honestly, it's so good! I'm hoping you guys really enjoy it!

message 9: by Lekeisha (new)

Lekeisha The Booknerd (lekeishathebooknerd) You guys are making me feel bad :-( Okay, I will squeeze it into my work schedule. I'll have to read it on my breaks. Thanks for the motivation. LOL

message 10: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Okay ... put it on hold at the local library. There seems to be a wait list to read this ... must be good :-)

message 11: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

@Stephanie ... I think I prefer Jaime Chung for the role.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 3 comments Anna wrote: "@Stephanie ... I think I prefer Jaime Chung for the role."

Yea me too. I saw her after I saw the other gal.

message 13: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Okay ... scanned the first chapter of Immortal Rules while at the Barnes and Noble and decided to cough up and BUY it. It's been a long time since an opening chapter grabbed me in the gut like this and kept me reading :-)

Unregistereds...

Reminded me a bit of Elysium.

message 14: by Minerva (new)

Minerva (minnie6484) | 26 comments The series is great!! Just read the second book and I loved it!! :)

message 15: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Just plowed through the first quarter of the book and so far I can say it's fantastic. Kagawa has masterfully brought to life this post-apocalyptic world so vividly I feel as though I am walking through it with the characters. It's been a long time since a book grabbed me like this.

message 16: by Dina (new)

Dina (sollace) | 15 comments I'd love to read the series & this first book, but it's just not in my price range. Is there anyone willing to share or borrow them with me? I have lots of other books and don't mind sharing. PLZ let me know. Thx!

message 17: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Did you check your local library, Dina? It's a popular mass-market book and Hollywood bought the movie rights, so most library networks can get it via inter-library loan.

message 18: by Whitney Greene (new)

Whitney Greene | 13 comments I started this one but haven't been able to read since my classes are back in full swing. Hopefully I can finish it soon, it is good so far!

message 19: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Reders (emreders) | 44 comments Read this a few months ago and loved it, got the second book sitting on my book shelf now, hoping to get to that soon.

message 20: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Sep 10, 2013 08:16PM) (new)

All I have to say is...

Kanin kanin kanin kanin...

Oooh ... nooos! What happened to Kanin, skinny scary vampire bad guy?

[*Urf ... this is YA ... runs off to write some seriously smutty Kanin fanfiction*]

message 21: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Okay ... done! I'm sure happy I coughed up the $10 bucks to buy this book ... is one of the best books I've read in a very long time. Just handed it off to the Teen with my blessing to devour ... irm ... I mean read.

Here's my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...