Fantasy Fanatics discussion

The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Crown Tower

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shaad Zaman (shaadzaman) | 234 comments Mod
Here is where we can discuss The Crown Tower by Michael J. Sullivan chapters 18-22.
DO NOT post any spoilers from further along in the book, this is just for chapters 18-22.

Becky (beaktastic) | 86 comments So, I've finished it :) Me likey. I wish there had been a more final ending scene with Royce, Gwen and Hadrian, but... meh. I still enjoyed it.

Well the next one comes pout soon in about 9 days! I can't wait!

Becky (beaktastic) | 86 comments Me either! :D

message 5: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments @Becky - you are like my wife and daughter who pleaded with me for a "convalescence scene." I just thought that it was more dramatic ending as I did. (Actually the original ending was right after Gwen declares "I have you," but Robin was afraid that it might be perceived as a cliffhanger if I didn't explicitly explain they survived their wounds. Plus, it let me expose something about Pickles that I would have left for another future work.

message 6: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments @Shaad & Becky - I'm glad you are excited. Just 7 days and 8 hours. Not that I'm counting. Incidentally that is my birthday ;-)

Becky (beaktastic) | 86 comments Michael wrote: "@Becky - you are like my wife and daughter who pleaded with me for a "convalescence scene." I just thought that it was more dramatic ending as I did. (Actually the original ending was right after G..."

I liked the final Arcadius and 'Pickles' scene, but yes, like my wife I think I would have liked a convalesence scene, but I do appreciate a good dramatic ending. I think I'm a quite a bit like your wife after reading your foreword where you mentioned that she begged for more Hadrian and such :) Love Hadrian.

And I cannot wait for the next one! Ahhhh! Also, happy birthday in advance :)

message 8: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments Thanks for the birthday wishes...I will say theat there is a convalescence scene (just not in The Crown Tower) ;-)

I Also am one of the people that wanted to see more of Hadrian! He is my favourite yup only 7 days left! character!

message 10: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy (amanahan) | 16 comments Hooray! Rose and Thorn out today! I just bought the kindle edition, but does anyone know if the Audiobook will also be out soon as well? The Crown Tower audio was out almost as quickly as the print edition, but I can't find any info on R&T.

I am not sure about the audio book! But i am exited to say I ust bought The rose and the thorn paperback version! So excited to read it!

message 12: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments @Amy - yes the audio book is out as well. And the Whispersync aspect does a nice job keeping the two together. Here is the link

message 13: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments Thanks Shaad!

@ Michael hey have all the pre order stuff been shipped?

message 15: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments Yours came in "after the fact" and is stuck behind a big bunch of shipments for the Hollow World kickstarter - but Robin is working through all the shipments as fast as she can.

Thanks for the update Michael! I will be patiently waiting!

Kaora (ophelja) Finished this today. It is amazing as always. I already have The Rose and Thorn to start :)

message 18: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments Great Allison - glad you enjoyed the book.