Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

The Fault in Our Stars
This topic is about The Fault in Our Stars
Miscellaneous Book Talk > My Library adventure

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments ...so I head to the library yesterday, two books in hand to return. Only one of those was really ready to go back though... I get a call from DH after leaving the library, they called the house to tell me I left a CD out of the audio of The Fault in Our Stars. I was confused, how could I have done that? I even checked and saw the sixth and final CD was in the container (can we say I have done this before?)
So I get home mumbling to myself, ("of course all the CD's were in the container, I checked and disk 6 of 6 was in there")to discover that CD #2 was in the PC.... huh... Oh, reality finally sinks in, I wasn't through downloading them to listen on the way to work with my phone and car speakers. I have given up on CD's in the car, the summer heat does a number on my car CD players. Sigh.
So today the adventure continued with me going back to the library and asking for my audio book back, it wasn't due until 14-Sep so I was able to retrieve it.
Ahh, good. It is supposed to be such a good book, I wouldn't want to miss it. Not to mention there are eighty-nine holds on the print version.
Love my library and the librarians who have probably heard it all.

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1364 comments I love my library too which is switching being open Saturday with being open on Monday. They've been closed on Monday for years, but have been open on Saturday. They are now going to be doing the reverse. Apparently, Saturday wasn't a day for patrons to visit the library anymore now that it's less centrally located. I hope they have a success with Monday. I know that I prefer them to be open on Monday, but I'll be going there on this coming Tuesday because it fits better with my schedule this week.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Sep 02, 2013 11:27AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments LOL, Ann. There is a special place in heaven for librarians. I have my own tales of returning books to the wrong library system, etc. You are lucky you could reclaim the book once turned in.

I used to get annoyed that I'd have to stand and wait while the librarians flipped through every CD sleeve upon check-out AND check-in, but I'm guessing they also got tired of people leaving out CDs and having to call them back in.

Ann wrote: "...
Ahh, good. It is supposed to be such a good book, I wouldn't want to miss it. Not to mention there are eighty-nine holds on the print version.
Love my library and the librarians who have probably heard it all. ..."

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2943 comments All of our state libraries are to some degree connected, but the real premium services usually are limited to just a few local towns.

message 5: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments well they couldn't check it back in without the missing CD. The same librarian that called was the one who helped me, she laughed, checked that it wasn't due yet and let me take it back home with me.. Happy dance.

message 6: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Shomeret: Our library system made some changes due to budget cuts years ago and closed all branches on Friday except the main branch downtown. A new Library director has found a way to open seven days a week again. I had adapted to not having Fridays at the library available so enjoyed one less day of fines (I know, I know) and now wonder what the traffic is like on that day.