YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Archives > September's Group Read - Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld!

Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld

Synopsis: Tally Youngblood is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait for the operation that turns everyone from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to party. But new friend Shay would rather hoverboard to "the Smoke" and be free. Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The "Special Circumstances" authority Dr Cable offers Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, ect. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I started this one and couldn't get into it :( So I won't be trying it again soon. I didn't like it :(

message 3: by Brittany (new)

That's unfortunate. =( I haven't read it and it will be my first introduction to Scott Westerfeld....

message 4: by Brittany (new)

I'm a little over a fourth of the way through and I'm enjoying it so far! It hasn't been spectacular, but it's compelling enough to keep me reading. :)

Any other thoughts from the peanut gallery? ;D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Uglies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Scott Westerfeld (other topics)