YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Archives > September's Themed Group Read - Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer!

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

Synopsis: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, ect. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely going to read this one :)

message 3: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I received it for my birthday today!! :)

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Yay! Happy Belated Birthday and happy reading! :)

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I liked Cinder. The story was pretty interesting--a futuristic version of Cinderella, that actually felt pretty original. I definitely haven't read anything quite like this story before.

I do wish the author had used a little more description when introducing the various characters and androids, etc., as I think that would have helped me to imagine the setting a little better. But I did appreciate the dialogue and the character interactions.

I'm looking forward to the sequel!

message 6: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I finished it!! Thank you Brittany!!

message 7: by Kasura (new)

Kasura (kasura_iome) | 10 comments I really like this series, but I'm really disappointed that she isn't going to include a Little Mermaid version. I loved Cinder, and I liked Scarlet, but I'm more excited for Rapunzel and that's the next one that is coming out.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished it last night, it was so good, especially the characters and worldbuilding and the romance. I'm reading Scarlet now :P

*spoilers

Was the girl who spied for Levana, who spoke to Cinder via the D-COMM, was that Cress?

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Just might be! =D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cinder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marissa Meyer (other topics)