YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Archives > September's Themed Group Read - My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick!

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Synopsis: "One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.

As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, ect. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by Brittany (last edited Sep 04, 2013 08:03PM) (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
I'm eager to read this one since there's been so much hype about it. It sounds really cute. :)

message 3: by Turtlefrog (last edited Sep 29, 2013 03:37PM) (new)

Turtlefrog I'm about half way through this book and I am loving it. I'm loving the Garrett family!

I have finally finished this book. (It's been a very busy month!) This is a book that is def on my favorites list. The Garrett family is the heart of the book. Don't get me wrong I loved Jase and Samantha. Their romance was easy and mature and refreshing to read. But for me all of the best parts of the book revolved around the Garrett family.

Sidenote: George is my favorite character in the book. He is just to cute for words.

message 4: by Heidi (last edited Sep 29, 2013 10:05PM) (new)

Heidi I finished this book a couple of days ago and I have to admit, it surprised me. I was expecting it to be a sappy teen romance story with little depth, but that wasn't the case at all.

This book was fantastic! This story dealt with several issues including: judging based on appearances and choosing to the do the right thing (even though you may have done the "wrong" thing or made bad/poor decisions previously).

I definitely wasn't expecting to get hooked by this book and its heartfelt characters, but it got me. I started it after 11 pm and ended up staying up all night to finish it. Good thing it was the weekend!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Life Next Door (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Huntley Fitzpatrick (other topics)