What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. historical fic; native american woman, hunting tribe

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jb (new)

Jb | 5 comments I'm trying to track down the name of a historical fiction book about a Native American woman in a seasonal hunting tribe (not sure which tribe or area of country), possibly in the 1600s or 1700s. Her husband goes away for hunting season & she falls in love with another woman in the tribe. Book was probably published within the last 5 years. Thanks for any information.

message 2: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Jane | 2 comments Hey Jb, could it be Tiopa Ki Lakota? I see some similarities there.

message 3: by Jb (new)

Jb | 5 comments I don't believe that's the one but it sounds good & I might read it anyway! I greatly appreciate your quick response.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments JB, was this a romance?

Also, you may want to edit the post's title with more details. Something like, "historical fic about native american woman in hunting tribe." That way it will catch someone's eye.

message 5: by Jb (new)

Jb | 5 comments Thanks, Tab. This is my first time on Goodreads so I appreciate your suggestions.
I don't know if the book was classified as a romance, although I didn't picture it as such.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Tatsea Tatsea by Armin Wiebe , maybe?

Do you remember the cover?

message 7: by Jb (new)

Jb | 5 comments No, I read about it in a paper somewhere. Can't remember if it was my local (Tucson) or the NYT Book Review.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin | 192 comments This seems familiar, could it have been a short story in a book of short stories?

message 9: by Jb (new)

Jb | 5 comments I think it was a full length novel. Thanks for any info.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Jb, are you still looking for this?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.