Divergent Lovers Unite! discussion

Allegiant > Four and Tris alternating POVs?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Owllover (new)

Owllover | 167 comments Mod
I'm not real happy about Allegiant being told from both Four and Tris's point of views, but I trust Veronica Roth to make it good.

message 2: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 169 comments Mod
who's do you think will be more interesting?

message 3: by Owllover (new)

Tris's.

message 4: by Sydney (new)

maybe but its really hard to tell

message 5: by Sydney (new)

idk, its really hard to tell

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i sorta wanna know what four's thoughts are most of the time

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Me too but it is going to be hard because we normally hear tris' pov

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

well i read one book by roth that was four's pov from the knife throwing part... that was good

message 9: by Owllover (new)

Free Four?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

uh possibly i think so... i cant really remember the name

message 11: by Owllover (new)

Free Four: Tobias Tells the Story? Click on it. Is that it?

message 12: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 48 comments I don't really like the alternating POV's but I think it will be alright. But, in general, I just don't like when authors do this at all.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ya thats it

message 14: by Owllover (new)

Jordan wrote: "I don't really like the alternating POV's but I think it will be alright. But, in general, I just don't like when authors do this at all."

I agree.

message 15: by Sydney (new)

Yupp but sometimes it can be interesting, depending on the character

message 16: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 48 comments yeh, I wanna know Four's thoughts but we can get them in all of the novella's Veronica's writing.

message 17: by Sydney (new)

The transfer comes out today!!! So excited

message 18: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Rouhana | 33 comments Jordan wrote: "yeh, I wanna know Four's thoughts but we can get them in all of the novella's Veronica's writing." is she writting an other one other than free four?

message 19: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 48 comments Yeah there's all those short stories she writing, The Transfer being one of them which just came out yesterday.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  Joy (melissared) | 22 comments i read free four, which was interesting, but i like tris' point of voew better. i like that we dont know what tobias is thinking because it makes him more mysterious.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan (powthemeg) | 2 comments I'd love to hear what Four is thinking, but I just don't think Allegiant is the place to do it. It kind of bothers me that the previous two books were solely Tris's perspective, and now this one will include Four's. It feels weird to me, because this is supposed to be Tris's story. Four may play a big role in it, but it still belongs to Tris, so it should continue to be told from her point alone. The Transfer and the other Four-oriented e-books work well because those are Four's stories about things he went through. I think if she wants to give Four a more prominent voice, she should just stick to those.

Anyway, the only reason behind the alternating POVs that I can think of is that Tris and Tobias will be separated during the book. Like, maybe they're off on different missions or something. Because if they're together, sharing one storyline, then I don't understand the need for two perspectives. Just a guess.

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 8 comments I liked the back and forth. I only got confused a few times and had to go back and see who's point of view I was reading!

message 23: by H :) (new)

H :) | 12 comments After reading it, I can definitely see why she did it, but they were so similar I was always confused about who's POV I was reading.