Never Cry Wolf: The Amazing True Story of Life Among Arctic Wolves Never Cry Wolf discussion

I hate this book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Sep 01, 2013 03:02PM) (new)

Emily Moreno I'm 14 years old and in the 8th grade on a reading level thats ready for college and i hated this book. I didn't understand half of the things he said. this book is the most boring book i have ever read. I really couldn't care less about this horrible book. The fact that i had to read this for summer break and write report about it. And it sucks because I really don't know what to write. The only thing I know what I'm gonna write is the conclusion about how much I hate this book.

message 2: by CindySR#snowday! (last edited Sep 01, 2013 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

CindySR#snowday! It's been a looooong time since I've written a book report but here is a tip you might use when you write yours: Use the 5 W's. WHO did you hate the most? WHAT was the most horrible part of the book? WHERE and WHEN did this awful story take place and WHY did you hate it so much?

Take the passionate feelings you have toward this story and write a kick-ass report!

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Moreno Cindy wrote: "It's been a looooong time since I've written a book report but here is a tip you might use when you write yours: Use the 5 W's. WHO did you hate the most? WHAT was the most horrible part of the boo..."

Thank you that is some pretty good advice! ;)

C.E. Crowder If you're looking for another topic, there's a lot of controversy over how much of this is simply made-up, not a true story at all. You can google stuff about that.

message 5: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari I loved this book. I read it quite recently and was surprised how little our prejudices have changed during the years. And how little the facts actually guide the decision making in any country. In this case Canada.

There was a lot of valuable information about wolves and their lives. The story was partly very funny, almost slapstick (in a good manner).

I really don't understand what incomprehensible there might have been in the text. The novel is very easy reading and it is not even a long story.

Btw this novel is listed as one of "The 500 books you must read before you die." :-)

Keanthony Daniel  surratt im keanthony my readying level is around a 9th grader's reader's level i am 16 i love to read books with act and some with wolfs in them

Feliks Keep up the good work there, Keanthony! Remember, books can be your best friends, they never let you down. Stick with them, they will always pay you back.

Try some Jack London: The Call of the Wild/White Fang

Rand Emily wrote: "I'm 14 years old and in the 8th grade on a reading level thats ready for college and i hated this book. I didn't understand half of the things he said. this book is the most boring book i have ever..."
Emily get the assignment over and don't waste your time writing so much here about a book you hate. There are too many great books that you could be looking for. All that time you could have been researching one you might love. Get reading and then spend the time thinking about and writing about the books you like.

message 9: by Mo (last edited Dec 18, 2013 06:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Hi Emily, I'm a writer and I have a suggestion. Get 'er done, in terms of the assignment and then put this particular book on the shelf until you are in your twenties. Don't write it off forever. While you are reading at college level according to what you shared above, you are still a teenager. Perspective in life changes as we move through each stage. You may appreciate the humor and political issues and the detail about one of the most noble four-legged creatures ever to pad it's paws across the Arctic Tundra, when you are in a different stage of life. This book is rightly considered a classic, but perhaps you were forced to discover it too early in life, due to the curriculum of your educational institution. Best with the rest of your school year. Hang in there!

Keanthony Daniel  surratt do yall think this is a god book

CindySR#snowday! Keanthony wrote: "do yall think this is a god book"

It's a good book, loved the book and the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izb0Sc...