Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > September 2013 Purchases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
Share here the book buys you made this September.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just bought: Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter and Dancing With the Devil (Nikki & Michael, #1) by Keri Arthur . I used the 20% coupon at B&N.

message 3: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Castle | 105 comments Picked up this B&N classic at the local flea market. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

message 4: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 130 comments Shauna wrote: "Picked up this B&N classic at the local flea market. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen"

Enjoy.Mansfield Park is one of my favorite books of all time.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I just bought: Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter and Dancing With the Devil (Nikki & Michael, #1) by Keri Arthur. I used the 20% coupon at B&N."

Alice in Zombieland was so good! I hope you enjoy it.

First one of the month Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors, #6) by Pamela Palmer

message 6: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 26 comments , I bought Amber House (Amber House, #1) by Kelly Moore , Ladies in Waiting by Laura L. Sullivan , Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle , Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted , and 2 others that i cant think of them now as i am not home.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments Shannon wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I just bought: Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter and Dancing With the Devil (Nikki & Michael, #1) by Keri Arthur. I used the 20% coupon at B&N."

Alice in Zombieland was so good! I hope ..."

Good to know! I'll probably start reading that one this weekend.

message 8: by France (new)

France (kittyk4att) | 54 comments I got Mr. Darcy's Bite on the mail yesterday. I'm not expecting great literature, but I can't wait to read it !

message 9: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 130 comments A Precious Jewel (The Ideal Wife #2) by Mary Balogh , The Secret Pearl by Mary Balogh , Web of Love (Web, #2) by Mary Balogh , The Secret Country (The Secret Country Trilogy, Book 1) by Pamela C. Dean ,and It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7) by Julia Quinn

message 10: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments Three new books today :-)

Spook's Slither's Tale (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #11) by Joseph Delaney Ancient Sorceries and Other Weird Stories by Algernon Blackwood The Melancholy of Mechagirl by Catherynne M. Valente

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Received Demon (The Fallen, #2) by Kristina Douglas and Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10) by Lara Adrian in the mail today. Somehow I did not realize that Darker is a hardback copy and since the rest of my collection is paperback I guess I'll be giving it up. (my collection must match)

message 12: by Vikki (new)

Vikki (silverstarz) | 65 comments Just 3 so far

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) by Laini Taylor While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax The Constant Princess (The Tudor Court, #1) by Philippa Gregory

message 13: by France (new)

France (kittyk4att) | 54 comments I went around some book shops lately and got Mistborn The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson The Cat Who Blew the Whistle (Cat Who..., #17) by Lilian Jackson Braun The Cat Who Came to Breakfast (Cat Who..., #16) by Lilian Jackson Braun The Cat Who Could Read Backwards (Cat Who..., #1) by Lilian Jackson Braun The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice Les autres Dieux by H.P. Lovecraft and The Giver (The Giver Quartet, #1) by Lois Lowry

message 14: by K (new)

K | 286 comments I haven't bought any books yet this month.

message 15: by Joseph (new)

Kiera wrote: "I haven't bought any books yet this month."

Well Kiera, get to it! What are you waiting for? ;-)

message 16: by K (new)

K | 286 comments Hehe, I bought concert tickets instead. And some new veggie plants for the garden: purple capsicums!!

message 18: by France (new)

France (kittyk4att) | 54 comments Got Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser, #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge in the mail today. I've got to go through a few book club reads first, then I'll happily read it !

message 19: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments The only books I have added are free books on kindle and iPad. But I have a big wish list yet and plenty of TBR books here at home to read yet.

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments I received Ghoul Interrupted (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #6) by Victoria Laurie and Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #6) by Christine Feehan in the mail yesterday. I've already read the latter but needed it for my collection and I see a reread in the near future.

message 21: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 117 comments Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire Son of a Witch (Wicked, #2) by Gregory Maguire and The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein by Peter Ackroyd :)

message 23: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 130 comments Duchess in Love (Duchess Quartet, #1) by Eloisa James , The Gilded Web by Mary Balogh , The Devil's Web (Web, #3) by Mary Balogh , Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas , Simply Unforgettable (Simply Quartet #1) by Mary Balogh , A Christmas Bride/Christmas Beau by Mary Balogh , Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just bought Destiny's Embrace by Beverly Jenkins and Fire Baptized (Santeria Habitat, #1) by Kenya Wright .

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just bought Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1) by Kristen Ashley .

message 26: by Joy (new)

Joy Rising Sun by Michael Crichton , The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl , A Widow for One Year by John Irving , A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving , The Cider House Rules by John Irving , Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris , As She Climbed Across the Table by Jonathan Lethem , The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe , The Codex by Douglas Preston , 100 Fiendish Little Frightmares by Martin H. Greenberg , 100 Sneaky Little Sleuth Stories by Robert E. Weinberg , Deception Point by Dan Brown .

I hit an estate sale while I was on vacation. Came away with 12 books, all in great condition for the low, low ,LOOOW price of 7.50$.(Yes! 7 dollars and fifty cents for all 12 books! I gotta hit more estate sales!!!

message 27: by Joseph (last edited Sep 12, 2013 07:03AM) (new)

Needed a pick-me-up so I made a big order at www.thriftbooks.com You can do it too, see here for details: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

The used books I order that should be arriving soon are:
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig The Seduction of the Crimson Rose (Pink Carnation, #4) by Lauren Willig The Deception of the Emerald Ring (Pink Carnation, #3) by Lauren Willig The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2) by Lauren Willig Anno Dracula (Anno Dracula, #1) by Kim Newman The Undead in My Bed (Includes Midnight Liaisons #1.5, Dark Ones #10.5, Half Moon Hollow #2.5) by Katie MacAlister Moonshifted (Edie Spence, #2) by Cassie Alexander Alchemystic (The Spellmason Chronicles, #1) by Anton Strout Draw the Dark by Ilsa J. Bick The Tale of Oat Cake Crag by Susan Wittig Albert Scent to Her Grave (A Bath and Body Mystery, #1) by India Ink Glossed and Found (A Bath and Body Mystery, #3) by India Ink One Plus One Equals Blue by M.J. Auch The Tale of Castle Cottage (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #8) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Hawthorn House (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #4) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #3) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Applebeck Orchard (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #6) by Susan Wittig Albert

I also ordered from Amazon: Shapeshifted (Edie Spence, #3) by Cassie Alexander Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin Deadly Heat (Nikki Heat, #5) by Richard Castle

message 28: by France (new)

France (kittyk4att) | 54 comments Got Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer in the mail today.

message 29: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments I have picked up a couple this month. Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3) by Tyler Whitesides and

message 30: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments Spirit Animals Book 1 Wild Born - Audio by Brandon Mull and Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey, #3) by Richard Paul Evans

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments Picked up these two:

Dark Lycan (Dark, #24) by Christine Feehan The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4) by Pittacus Lore

message 32: by France (new)

France (kittyk4att) | 54 comments Got The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie yesterday.

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments France wrote: "Got The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie yesterday."

I have that one too. I haven't read it yet, but I hear the series is really good.

message 35: by Laurel (last edited Sep 15, 2013 11:24AM) (new)

Laurel (goodreadscomboddy_l) | 125 comments Just back from my local used book store:
Athabasca by Alistair MacLean American Assassin (Mitch Rapp #11) by Vince Flynn Leaving Cheyenne by Larry McMurtry Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill I am using all of these in challenges, also .In the Name of the Father

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish my town had a used book store. I recently bought a book about Vincent Van Gogh, I think it might be called Sunflowers.

message 37: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Received The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10) by Gena Showalter today in the mail.

message 38: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (goodreadscomboddy_l) | 125 comments Tammy wrote: "I wish my town had a used book store. I recently bought a book about Vincent Van Gogh, I think it might be called Sunflowers."

I should go there more often. Now that I am doing challenges on GR, I don't always have books that I need, so am always looking for bargains!

message 39: by K (new)

K | 286 comments I just purchased the whole collection of Beatrix Potter books for the really cheap price of $39 AUD! I've been wanting these for years, but they were always about $150 AUD- A wee bit out of my price range. I was stoked to get them so cheaply. I love Beatrix Potter to pieces. Her books are so beautiful.

message 40: by Joseph (new)

Kiera wrote: "I just purchased the whole collection of Beatrix Potter books for the really cheap price of $39 AUD! I've been wanting these for years, but they were always about $150 AUD- A wee bit out of my pric..."

Nice find! I'm jealous! :-)

message 41: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (goodreadscomboddy_l) | 125 comments Kiera wrote: "I just purchased the whole collection of Beatrix Potter books for the really cheap price of $39 AUD! I've been wanting these for years, but they were always about $150 AUD- A wee bit out of my pric..."

I haven't used any aud books. This kind of terrific buy would have been a good reason to start! Enjoy them!

message 42: by K (new)

K | 286 comments Laurel wrote: "Kiera wrote: "I just purchased the whole collection of Beatrix Potter books for the really cheap price of $39 AUD! I've been wanting these for years, but they were always about $150 AUD- A wee bit ..."

AUD stands for Australian Dollars.

message 43: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (goodreadscomboddy_l) | 125 comments Kiera wrote: "Laurel wrote: "Kiera wrote: "I just purchased the whole collection of Beatrix Potter books for the really cheap price of $39 AUD! I've been wanting these for years, but they were always about $150 ..."

Oops!

message 44: by K (new)

K | 286 comments Laurel wrote: "Kiera wrote: "Laurel wrote: "Kiera wrote: "I just purchased the whole collection of Beatrix Potter books for the really cheap price of $39 AUD! I've been wanting these for years, but they were alwa..."

Lol, not to worry.

message 45: by Joseph (last edited Sep 18, 2013 06:54AM) (new)

Just delivered: Autumn Whispers (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #14) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 46: by K (new)

K | 286 comments I just found The Complete Mary Poppins for AU$29.99.

message 47: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (goodreadscomboddy_l) | 125 comments Kiera wrote: "I just found The Complete Mary Poppins for AU$29.99."

Another great buy to go along side your Potter books!

message 48: by Joseph (new)

Laurel wrote: "Kiera wrote: "I just found The Complete Mary Poppins for AU$29.99."

Another great buy to go along side your Potter books!"

Wow! Kiera, you're really striking gold here! What's your secret? :-)

message 49: by K (new)

K | 286 comments No secret. Just a great love for classic children's stories, I suppose. Lol.

message 50: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 592 comments I didn't know that there was an Incomplete or Abridged Marry Poppins. I'll keep an eye out as I really enjoyed the movie.

« previous 1