New York Times Bestsellers List discussion

The Last Original Wife
This topic is about The Last Original Wife
Current Monthly Read > The Last Original Wife {September 2013}

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherene (new)

Cherene What are your expectations for this novel? Have you read anything else by this author?

message 2: by Kristie (last edited Sep 04, 2013 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie I just started this one and it didn't start out at all how I expected it to. It started out as a series of therapy sessions, so it took a little bit for me to get used to it. Part two starts about 10% or so into the book and is more the story you would expect - how it all started. At first, I wasn't sure about the book, but now I'm really enjoying it. (I'm about 14% into the book.)

Anyone else reading this one?

message 3: by Anima (new) - added it

Anima Miejska I am going to read this book later in September, I'm a little behind with my schedule. But after reading your first impressions, Kristie, I consider putting a little bit higher on this month list :)

Kristie No worries. I may put it aside to read another book (The Passage), then come back to it. We can always discuss later in the month. :)

message 5: by Anima (new) - added it

Anima Miejska Great, Kristie, I will read The Passage next week :) and later I will try to get to The Last Original Wife.

Kristie Sounds good!

Kristie I ended up getting back to this book earlier than expected. So far, it is not what I expected at all. It has a couple of parts that you laugh out loud a comment or statement that's made, but not that often. So far, it is also not about this woman just really making the most of her life. It is more about her trying to be happy and being less tolerant of people taking advantage of her.

I am really bothered by the timeline of the story. The ages and the timeline do not match up. The ages and the attitudes or personalities don't match up either. It is very bothersome to me. I can't wait for others to read this book to discuss this and see what others think.

Kristie Please do not open the spoilers unless you're 80% or more through the book. They really are spoilers!

Ok i'm about 80% in and I have to say two things; one is that (view spoiler) and two (view spoiler).