The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Iron Knight discussion

Movie?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Italia8989 Am I the only one who thinks these books should be made into movies? If they shouldn't, the only reason would be because they are too good.
Is there any hope the series will be made into (a) movie(s) in the near future, or that I missed something altogether and it already has?
If you don't know, you can still answer anyway. It's a hard question. :)

Danielle http://juliekagawa.blogspot.com/2012/...
I think this is as definite as it gets right now, so it is possible that a movie may be made but this really just means someone likes the story and they bought the rights to make a movie. Hope this helps! :)
If anyone knows more about this please add since I am pretty curious if this series will become a movie.

Danielle Oops sorry! this is for her other series the immortal rules. I guess I didn't read the title very closely!

Italia8989 Danielle wrote: "Oops sorry! this is for her other series the immortal rules. I guess I didn't read the title very closely!"

That's okay! Thanks for answering anyway. :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I would almost be afraid of it being made into a movie. I absolutely love the story so much. But A lot of the Young Adult books they have turned into movies lately, I really just dont like at all.

Italia8989 Fallon wrote: "I would almost be afraid of it being made into a movie. I absolutely love the story so much. But A lot of the Young Adult books they have turned into movies lately, I really just dont like at all."

Yeah, I definitely think the movie could never justify the books. I just think it would be awesome if they made one. Which movies do you hate that were adapted from YA books?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope catching fire is great. It looks better. But I hated the first movie. I hated the Twilight movies. I used to actually like the books... The Host wasn't that great, I still want to see The Mortal Instruments, but I hears its not great either. I really like Percy Jackson but I felt they could have done SO much better! It's like they took the story line of all these great books and altered it with lame lines and horrible effects.

message 8: by Italia8989 (last edited Sep 18, 2013 03:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Italia8989 Yeah, most of the movies based off YA novels are for the pretty faces, special picture effects, and tone of voice/acting. The great lines and wonder you get while reading cannot be copied. I thought "The Hunger Games" was a decent movie. I like Jennifer Lawrence's portrayal of Katniss. I am trying not to hate here, but in the books she was annoying sometimes because everything was sort of about her and she used Peeta the whole time. (It looks like this has turned into a "Hunger Games" discussion."
I may be one of those crazy people who could not get into the "Percy Jackson" series. I tried to like them at the absolute least, but could not make it through the second book. I thought the first movie was great, though. Kind of weird, I know.
"The Mortal Instruments" looks good, too. I digested the entire quartet! Even though Clary is not my favorite character in the entire world, it had such a good plot, mystery, lovable characters, and humor to please me. I heard a lot of mean stuff about the actor who plays Magnus, though. I feel bad for the guy.

Italia8989 Ryann wrote: "Italia8989 wrote: "Yeah, most of the movies based off YA novels are for the pretty faces, special picture effects, and tone of voice/acting. The great lines and wonder you get while reading cannot ..."

I liked Katniss in the movie better since she just was not as annoying as in the book and did not use Peeta. Like, she actually cared about him. I thought the same thing! Perhaps it just was too brutal to put in there? Lol, my friend was angry about Buttercup too. Do not even get me started on Mockingjay. At the time I read them I was obsessed with the books, but now when I think about it, the plot line was overused. They go back to the Games in the second book. Katniss truly loved Gale. I can understand why she could not like him anymore. But there was not even an explanation of why she cared so much about Peeta. Sure, they bonded because they were constantly together. But how is a loving relationship based off of that? They went through A LOT of trauma together, but I feel like realistically Katniss would only like him as a friend because of that. But people need romance closure, so Peeta became Katniss's second choice. I just get the feeling Prim's death was just because someone important to Katniss needed to die to even things out and so she could make a choice. I did not feel like it was a natural thing; same with Finnick. He was more skilled than all of them combined. But he needed to die because someone needed to die. So a bunch of wolves ate him alive. Personally, I think the first book was the most realistic portrayal.

message 10: by Nurlely (last edited Sep 18, 2013 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Gals!! Please come back to the Iron Fey discussion. I mean no disrespect for the awesome The Hunger Games series but the Iron Fey series is also awesome enough for you all to discuss... ^__^

I would love The Iron King movie!! The characters are awesome. I don't even dislike any of the characters (well.. except Queen Titania). They are all absolutely fascinating. In THG, I had to deal with Peeta-Katniss-Gale.
In the Iron fey series, no character should be disliked or hated. I love Prince Ash so much and I also love Puck. The love triangle is well written for me to feel so annoyed but not hate.
Kudos for Julie Kagawa with her interesting love triangle plot!

As much as I would love to see those characters in big screen, I wish they can postpone the idea until maybe 2015. I am so tired with the YA movies sinking on Box Office and got bad review lately. Beautiful Creatures, Percy Jackson & City of Bones are more than enough!