Shut Up & Read discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Archives > Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Sep 02, 2013 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12315 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading!

Don't forget to enter September's BotM contest!
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Good book! Although I recommend reading the novellas first, which I quite liked :)

Kristen | 11 comments Such a great book! I met the author at a book signing the other day. She is very sweet. Can't wait for the third book to come out!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Cool! She's so young too!

message 5: by Bee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bee (nbeewrites) I have the paperback of this one, hope to read it soon!

Katie (katiehayoz) | 12 comments I may be the only one, but I just couldn't get into this book; it ended up being a DNF. I think there were a lot of great ideas in it but the main character didn't do it for me. That said, I might take advantage of the BOTM challenge to re-start it and see if I like it better the second time around! Sounds like people really liked it so maybe I stopped too soon.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Did you try the novellas first, Katie? That might help. I thought Throne of Glass was decent, but not nearly as good as the novellas in my opinion. I've also heard the sequel is WAY better so it might be worth fighting through the first book to get there anyway :) Hope you like it better the second time around!

Katie (katiehayoz) | 12 comments I didn't even know she had novellas until reading this thread! :)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Ooh they're only $.99 each and quick, fun reads!

Katie (katiehayoz) | 12 comments David wrote: "Ooh they're only $.99 each and quick, fun reads!"

Great! Totally worth it. I'll check them out. Thanks!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) No worries ;)

Frederic (Ric) Vinhage (ricv) | 21 comments As a very new author and this being a first up full length work, this is a really strong start for what it is. I will enjoy watching this author develop more.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Agreed and she's so young! I've heard really good things about the sequel too :) I'll be reading it soon!

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) i really liked this book. i think this might be my new favorite series.

Sophia | 10 comments How are the novellas in comparison to the book? I wasn't super crazy about the book but if the novellas are better, I'm willing to read them.

message 16: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 22, 2013 07:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (featherlashes) I just finished Throne of Glass. I really enjoyed it! I can see how it would be beneficial to read the novellas first. I haven't read any of them but there were people/events that were brought up and not elaborated on that are probably covered in the novellas. I kind of felt like I had accidentally skipped a section until I saw that there are FIVE prequel novellas! They should keep my busy for a while, not to mention the two novellas between books 1 and 2 :)
#0.1 The Assassin and the Pirate Lord
#0.15 The Assassin and the Healer
#0.2 The Assassin and the Desert
#0.3 The Assassin and the Underworld
#0.4 The Assassin and the Empire
#1.1 The Assassin and the Princess
#1.2 The Assassin and the Captain

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Sophia wrote: "How are the novellas in comparison to the book? I wasn't super crazy about the book but if the novellas are better, I'm willing to read them."

I've read the first 4 prequel novellas she wrote and LOVED them! Actually found them way better than the full length novel :) I'm planning on going back and reading the other three novellas now too :)